Thread: No audio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

No audio

Here is my problem. Just installed Ubuntu 10.04 with Rivendell radio automation software built in (RRAbuntu). I installed it on an older machine, an HP XT919 (I know it's a bit older, but everything runs fine EXCEPT)...No audio. Audio was fine when I ran the live CD. I first installed Ubuntu 9.04 and had audio, but it kept locking up. I then installed 10.04 with Rivendell. No audio on CD's, no audio on Videos, nothing. I already ran terminal and raised all the levels in alsamixer. What else may be the problem?

Beans
    Distro

Re: No audio

Bump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It could be muted. There are about three mute boxes that may be ticked. you can mute with the sound icon drop down menu, in Sound Preferences Output volume and Input tab input volume. I have experienced an install of Ubuntu finishing with all sound muted.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    It could be muted. There are about three mute boxes that may be ticked. you can mute with the sound icon drop down menu, in Sound Preferences Output volume and Input tab input volume. I have experienced an install of Ubuntu finishing with all sound muted.

Regards.
    I tried clicking system/preferences/sound, and a window pops up and says "looking for sound device" and that's it. Nothing more. However, on the Live CD which I loaded it from, the sound worked fine. It was then that I went to the terminal and went to alsamixer.