Thread: lxinput will not adjust

Beans

lxinput will not adjust (partly solved)

I upgraded lubuntu from 10.10 to 11.04 and my mouse pointer lost its acceleration. So I go menu > Settings > Keyboard and Mouse to activate lxinput, which manages settings for keyboard and mouse for LXDE. But I can't adjust anything; if I move any of the sliders, any amount, with either keyboard or mouse, it closes. Running it in terminal, I find it closes with a segmentation fault. Is there a fix or alternate GTK mouse configuring utility I can use?
    Last edited by arkanabar; July 24th, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
    When you make laws to control foolish others, you forge the chains that will be used to control you.
    My blog
    my pre-blog website

Beans

Re: lxinput will not adjust

bug already noted, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ut/+bug/725194

I'd still like an alternative if one can be found. gpointing-device-settings does not adjust acceleration, and gsynaptics is a metapackage that points to gpointing-device-settings.
    When you make laws to control foolish others, you forge the chains that will be used to control you.
    My blog
    my pre-blog website

Beans

I have the same problem does anyone have solved this?

Asus eee1005ha

---
    I try gnome-mouse-properties and it looks like it work...
    Last edited by Black_Parrot; June 2nd, 2011 at 10:19 PM.

Beans

it's possible to do with xset. the command (which works from the run dialog, alt-f2) would be something like
    Code:
    xset m N1 N2
    where N1 is the amount of acceleration you want (I use either 2 or 5/2 for this value) and N2 is the number of pixels you move before it kicks in (I use 0). This is desktop-independent, by the way.

Now what I want is to set things up so that this command is run when I log in.
    My blog
    my pre-blog website

Beans

thereś a file you can edit these settings directly. It only takes effect after a reboot.

And as Iǘve just discovered if you go into standby and then come out of it your back to square one until you reboot.

Problem is I cant remember the file to edit and cant find the posting where I read it. Ubuntuquestions I think