Thread: An Android App that can turn a micro SD card in into a Ubuntu Live Boot disk?

Beans

An Android App that can turn a micro SD card in into a Ubuntu Live Boot disk?

Hello everyone, I hope someone here can help me. I just build a PC and my old laptop fails to write USB and CD boot disks for Ubuntu. Is it possible to create a boot disk using an Android smartphone?

Beans

Re: An Android App that can turn a micro SD card in into a Ubuntu Live Boot disk?

well you can get the terminal app, see if dd is there. dd can be used to put the iso on the sdcard.
    android is still linux underneath & terminal is the most versatile app.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: An Android App that can turn a micro SD card in into a Ubuntu Live Boot disk?

I would recommend that you check that your PC's BIOS supports booting from an SD card.

It might be easier to borrow someone's computer to write a USB boot disk instead of doing this.

Beans

If you have root check this app out I use it for all my live disk needs, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ivedroid&hl=en