Thread: Lubuntu 11.04 Taskbar color change

Hybrid View

Beans

Lubuntu 11.04 Taskbar color change

Hello

I just installed Lubuntu 11.04. However I find the color of the taskbar a bit annoing (the aplication menu sign is almost not visible on blue). The Lubuntu 10.10 default taskbar was gray (more like the classic Win XP version) and the sign was blue and white and cleary more visible. After I checked the panel options it looks like the color is determined by a png type file (lubuntu-background.png). It's possile to get the the 10.10 file version from somewere and replace the one default for 11.04 ?

Thank you and I apologise for my bad english.

LE: I changed the color of the lubuntu-background.png file but sadly I can't make it look like the attached picture taskbar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Foxter; April 29th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Lubuntu 11.04 Taskbar color change

Quote Originally Posted by Foxter View Post
    ... It's possile to get the the 10.10 file version from somewere and replace the one default for 11.04?...
    Put the attached in: /usr/share/lxpanel/images to over-write the 11.04 original

Beans

Re: Lubuntu 11.04 Taskbar color change

Thank you SteveDee.

I hope it's not too much of a problem if I ask you for the default 10.10 file from /usr/share/lubuntu/images/lubuntu-logo.png.
    Last edited by Foxter; April 30th, 2011 at 09:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Having recently installed both Ubuntu and Lubuntu, I've noticed that the desktop in Lubuntu 11.04 runs a lot faster than its Unity counterpart.

In regards to the taskbar, I tried what you suggested, but after rebooting, I still have that unreadable blue taskbar.

As for myself, I'd like something darker, with, perhaps, white letters if possible...

Also, is it possible to install a different clock, one that doesn't use military time?

Thanks in advance, for all your help.

73 DE N4RPS

Rob

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You can also make your own panel. Go to a graphics program and create a file the same size as your panel and do what ever you want. Or of course you can simply change the color in the panel settings window. My current panel is transparent black. LXDE is pretty cool....

Beans

Also, is it possible to install a different clock, one that doesn't use military time?
    just change the settings.