Thread: gnome-shell & adwaita theme

Beans

gnome-shell & adwaita theme

I want Ubuntu to look like Fedora 15. I have no problem installing and running gnome-shell in Ubuntu 11.10. But its using a different theme than Fedora. Fedora is using the Adwaita theme. I downloaded some Adwaita themes from gnome-look.org and changed them in gmone-tweak-tool but they look a little different. Where can I download the official Adwaita theme? Is there any packages that supply that theme. I think its the default theme in Gnome 3.
    Last edited by josephp; September 23rd, 2011 at 06:47 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: gnome-shell & adwaita theme

The "Adwaita" theme is included in the package "gnome-themes-standard", it should be the original one.

As it's only 'recommended' to install complementary to "gnome-shell", make sure it's installed:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gnome-themes-standard
    Greetings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Moved to Ubuntu +1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Krytarik View Post
    The "Adwaita" theme is included in the package "gnome-themes-standard", it should be the original one.

As it's only 'recommended' to install complementary to "gnome-shell", make sure it's installed:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gnome-themes-standard
    Greetings.
    I am happily running GS with Adwaita right now. I don't recall having to install anything special (other than the Tweak Tool to configure it). When I ran the Tweak Tool, Adwaita was right there as a choice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Today's System Settings allows you to set Adwaita from System Settings>Appearance too. If there are other GTK3 themes we might be able to add those to the switcher too, but at least we have the main 5 there.