Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow USB mouse after upgrade to Natty.

Beans

Re: Slow USB mouse after upgrade to Natty.

I can confirm the same behavior. The problem started from ubuntu 10.10 but after some updates it was fixed. Now that I upgraded again my system to 11.04 I am having the same problem. I have a latitude E6510 with a usb logitech m510 mouse.

Is there any way of restarting the daemons responsible for mouse and usb instead of rebooting again and again?

Beans

Natty sucks and it is very slow .. I wish i stayed with maverick .. and now all my files and bookmarks and tiny whiny lil details is on this flash and i do not want to reinstall

Beans

I've been hoping for a solution to this problem for weeks now. I too am using a Dell E6510, but I'm using Linux Mint, so I've been hesitant to post a bug report myself. After about every 5th boot, the mouse will be choppy, slow, and laggy. Unplugging and replugging doesn't help, nor does moving to a different USB port. Sometimes it can take up to 3 reboots before the problem goes away.

There has to be a daemon or something that can be restarted to fix this, right?

Beans
    Hidden!

I see this issue as well. It happens intermittently at boot, and a reboot will usually sort it out.

Machine: Dell Latitude E6510
    Mouse: Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000

The jerkiness only affects the external mouse; the internal touchpad and stick work smoothly.

Have had a dig through Launchpad and found a few similar-sounding bugs; the closest of these seems to be related to the Logitech MX900. I'm not sure it's quite the same issue.

Anyone know if there's a bug raised for the specific issue described in this thread? If not, I'll raise one.

Beans

I have the same problem on Dell Latitude E6510 with Ubuntu 11.04.
    I've found this bug, may it be related?

Beans

I'm seeing the exact same issue. I just installed (dual boot) Natty and the mouse is so sluggish it's painful to use. The mouse is a wireless Logitech M310.
    The touchpad on the Inspiron works fine.

Beans

I was having a similar problem,

Slow USB transfers and the usb mouse became slow / floaty when ever i plugged in a flash drive.

Plugged the mouse into an external hub then into the PC and things are much better now.

Apparently the USB speed is set to the slowest device on the hub.

Beans

I too have the same problem on Dell E6410.

It is a "slow usb" problem in general at least for me.
    Whether you plug in a mouse or a disk, everything is really slow as if the USB 2.0 ports are operating in USB 1.0 mode. For example disk I/O is less than 2 mega bytes per second when my machine is in that state.

The only solution seems to be to reboot possibly multiple times.
    Sometimes usb ports seem to come up and operate at USB 2.0 speed.
    At other times they come up at USB 1.0 speed.
    Sometimes it takes multiple boots to come up at 2.0 speed.
    Plugging in a usb mouse and moving it is a really good way to test. If it is sluggish, then the machine came up in 1.0 mode.
    If the mouse movement is crisp, then the machine came up in 2.0 mode.

I even updated the main BIOS software, but not much different.
    Sigh.

Beans

Same here. Moreover, the problem is not exclusive to Ubuntu. I've tried Fedora and OpenSUSE as well, the problem appeared sooner or later on both (I have a Dell E6510). So the problem is in some of the core system components, maybe even in the kernel itself... and it exists since almost a year as far as I could notice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Same problem here with Ubuntu 11.10 and a Dell Latitude E4310. I've tried with several "mouse", wireless and wired, and the problem persists (even if, once in a while, the mouse works)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast