Thread: PANIC! Updated to 11.04, Mobile Broadband fails!

Beans

Unhappy [FIXED] PANIC! Updated to 11.04, Mobile Broadband fails!

Hi there everyone. As I can see, many people are having problems with there new ubuntu as well.
    I have an aspire one, and a ZTE mf626 usb 3g modem. It use to work flawlessly before, in fact, I found it easier to use in ubuntu than in windows.
    I tried Ubuntu 11.04 beta about a month ago, and the 3g broadband connection stopped working. It did appear in Network Manager though, but didn't connect. The only solution I found was to reinstall 10.10 as I found nothing googling around.
    I hoped that this bug might have been fixed for the official release, but no. My computer updated this morning to 11.04, and the same has happened. My broadband mobile connection simply won't connect.
    Before I decide to revert back to 10.10 again, any ideas? I use that connection a lot, and I can't live without it (well, yes, I could really if I wanted to....)
    Last edited by eddie3000; April 29th, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: fixed

Beans

Re: PANIC! Updated to 11.04, Mobile Broadband fails!

FIXED! I deleted the old configuration from Network Manager, rebooted, and created a new one, and rebooted again. It seems to work now.

Beans

Anyone else know anything about this? Because I'm having the same problems with my mobile broadband not connecting after upgrading to 11.04, but eddie3000's solution isn't working for me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3000 View Post
    FIXED! I deleted the old configuration from Network Manager, rebooted, and created a new one, and rebooted again. It seems to work now.
    Can someone share how to complete these steps?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I'm suffering from the same issue, but removing the old config didn't fix it for me.

+1 could you detail the steps more

Beans

It's been some time since I last read this thread, sorry.
    I didn't do anything fancy, I just deleted the conection from network manager, rebooted, created a new one in network manager, rebooted, and it worked. The modem I have is a zte mf626. Anyhow, I have reverted back to ubuntu 10.10 due to other problems. I don't think I'll upgrade again until 11.10 or 12.04. I don't like unity, and ubu 11.04 seems to work slower for me. I have an aspire one with 1gbRAM and atom n270.
    Last edited by eddie3000; June 22nd, 2011 at 11:06 AM.