Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unity Dash settings

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Unity Dash settings

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemist View Post
    The functionality you mention is configurable and if your open application wasn't open full screen it wouldn't have done what you described.
    Thanks for your reply. Currently I am just running the 'try' option so I can't install ccsm.
    However, I did try the menu thing when the app was full screen.
    I found that I had to click on the 'full screen' button (producing a smaller window as expected), then click on it again, to make the window full size. Then it was possible to select a second app. The process had to be repeated again for a third app - resizing and maximising again before another app. could be launched.
    An alternative to 'resizing and maximising again' is to Alt-Tab once or twice, but it still seems like a bug to me. This shouldn't be necessary for 'out of the box' default settings.
    I can imagine someone who is coming to Ubuntu for the first time being very frustrated with this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Unity Dash settings

I have a workaround.
    I loaded the AWN (Avant Window Navigator) control panel which is a like unity but across the bottom of the page. I then customized it with the applets I wanted (to include a CPU use meter). Then I set unity to display with the upper left corner only.

I would prefer to fully customize unity, but this works for now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12