Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.04 Network Problems Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN

Beans

11.04 Network Problems Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN

Hello all,

So i decided to try natty today to see what unity is all about. However to my surprise i seem to have problems with my wifi connection. It connects fine, however i can't browse any websites or update. I haven't had any problems with my network since jaunty. Back then i used WICD which enabled me to use wifi again. So i tried this in natty too, to no avail. My network card is: Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AGN. I was wondering if any of you have had problems or maybe a solution.

Edit: BTW using natty x64

Edit2: Playing around i noticed i suddenly had a working connection, i thought i had solved it. However after 10 min it stopped working. I still see full reception but internet was not working. After about 20 min it started working again. And no, it is not my router. I double boot with maverick and internet works just fine here. This is a really weird problem.
    Last edited by mordecai83; April 28th, 2011 at 07:44 PM.

Beans

Re: 11.04 Network Problems Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN

Further problems i've had so far:

Top panel went completely black after switching from fullscreen to halfscreen firefox. log-out and log-in to restore it.

Ubuntu software center stopped working twice. Had to end process in system monitor.

Thats in about two hours of testing. Doesn't look good so far.

On a sidenote: I really like what they did with unity. Looks good and is very responsive. Too bad i can't use it yet cause of the wireless troubles.

Beans

Try to change the "MTU" value on your "MAN" port in wireless router (default value is 1495-1500, try 1400 or less). This works for me.

Beans

Hi,

Have a similar problem!
    I have a Intel Pro/Wireless 4965 AGN card on my laptop!
    Problems are:
    * does not connect to the network (full signal strength, works well on windows)
    * if connected after a struggle, very slow and disconnects frequently
    * if connected, doing a ping to the router shows a packet lose of over 40% (no loss when working with windows OS)

so i reckon the wireless card is fine!!!

I have a billion wireless dongle, which I am using now- works with out any problem!
    Similarly ethernet has no problem!

Also, Intel wireless card works fine at on my friends network and my university network!

Thanks in advance!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I too have an Intel Pro 4965 AGN and it works faultlessly. It has always worked from Lucid through Maverick and for the last 5 months or so on Natty testing systems.
    I too use 64 bit.
    That seems very odd.
    Maybe you could see if there are any similar problems reported in the Wireless/Networking sub-forum.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Same problem here.. I've been using an Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 faultlessly since distro 8.04. Connection in Natty is very erratic, though.

People are reporting the same issues with other wireless hardware in related topics. I don't understand much about it, but could it be a general kernel issue?

Beans
    Hidden!

When using windows on the same laptop it connects without any problems to wireless network. It worked on Ubuntu 10.10, too. But now I installed 11.04 and I can't get it to connect to network anymore. It lists all the wireless networks around, mine included. when I choose it, it asks for the password. I'm 100% sure that the password is right. It still doesn't connect.

After googling and reading for hours now, I know that they modified something at the kernel level, so many users with different wireless devices have the same problem.

But I couldn't find a step by step info on how to make the Intel 4965 adapter to work.

Can anybody give a link or help on this ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Is any of you guys having troubles with Ethernet connection too?
    I tried it today because wireless was just impossible to work for more than 5 minutes with. It turns out that wired connection is just as bad..

Beans
    Hidden!

nope, I can connect through ethernet.

I can see the list of wireless networks, but when I choose the right one and enter the right password, it never connects, just the password box pops up a few minutes later.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Same problem here, same card, the same issue in OpenSuse + bluetooth doesn't seem to be working. Many things to fix!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast