Thread: Is Natty going to be a dud?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Is Natty going to be a dud?

Here we are on release day and I still see many fairly hefty faults in current discussion in the forum. I am still subject to random crashes and video related errors.

So after such a major reworking of the interface in such a short space of time are we in for a release which will be inherently buggy? I have to admit to not feeling very confident that Natty is ready to be unleashed, however I have had the need to use the classic desktop recently an found myself very keen to switch back to unity.

So fingers crossed for a solid and feature rich 11.10!

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Is Natty going to be a dud?

even if unity is too young to be bug free, lot of fixes have been made yet and the classic fallback is safe. That promising a nice Oneiric release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Is Natty going to be a dud?

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    even if unity is too young to be bug free, lot of fixes have been made yet and the classic fallback is safe. That promising a nice Oneiric release.
    Oh I agree entirely, I was just thinking that it's unusual for ubuntu to ship with this many bugs. It's been a while since we've seen a shaky release. But I've been realistic about this from day one, this many changes must leave a few loose ends.