Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Natty development cycle coming to an end.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Natty development cycle coming to an end.

Hi all,

I'm not as hardcore as those who enabled natty repos shortly after maverick was released. However, I have been testing Natty since Dec 3rd -my 1st full Ubuntu testing experience.

It has been frustratingly fun...I only had 1 critical breakage which required a re-install - which was my fault.

Submitting bug reports has flooded my inbasket with fellows testers from around the world.

Using unity from a horrible mess to a usable "whyisthisinplaceifitisntanybetterthanGnomedesktop " utility has been quite peculiar.

I hope compiz, unity, and ubuntu tweak learn how to exist in harmony. I have given up on plymouth, as is seems to be worse in natty than lucid.

The 2.6.38 kernel is incredible compared to 2.6.27 (Ibex), when I 1st installed ubuntu. The sound, performance, and fun factor are a helluva deal - FREE!

I wont do anymore testing until 12.04 (Prolific Pangolin??)...I will reiterate to Ubuntu beginners that testing releases is time- consuming and frustrating (but fun if you like to diagnose and fix your PC). Do not ditch your stable releases for development versions...and,if all you can offer are complaints, it's a good idea to stay with stable releases.

Peace.
    Last edited by OGpmpdog; April 27th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Ubuntu +1 (Trusty Tahr)

Beans
    Distro

Thanks cariboo907 for the info, wating with bathed breath for toolchain to be uploaded.
    Intel E5200Dual Core CPU, Gigabyte G31 mobo, 4 GB DDR800 mem, Intel graphics, 250 GB Seagate HDD, Liteon 22x DVD Rewriter, 17" HP LCD Ubuntu User # 17508

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    I have been trying to tell myself that I will sit out the next development cycle, but I doubt that I will.

Tim
    Yeah, that's what I said the last time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Yeah, that's what I said the last time
    And I have even stopped saying it.

Beans
    Distro

Looking forward to the new testing, but will be looking in the general help section to see if I can help new people. With so much change in 11.04 there will be a lot of questions. Please follow the general help to see how to make it easier to bring people in.

It has been fun testing and many thanks to those out there that have answered my questions. I have run a testing partition since Dapper and I will continue.
    HP g72t icore3 with intel graphics and broadcom 4313 wireless running 13.04unity, Ubuntu GNOME updated to 13.10 and a 13.10 unity. Plus using older desktop machine running 12.04 Lubuntu with nvidia geforce mx400.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OGpmpdog View Post
    I wont do anymore testing until 12.04 (Prolific Pangolin??)...I will reiterate to Ubuntu beginners that testing releases is time- consuming and frustrating (but fun if you like to diagnose and fix your PC). Do not ditch your stable releases for development versions...and,if all you can offer are complaints, it's a good idea to stay with stable releases.

Peace.
    Nahh man, it'll be the "Perverse Penguin."

Beans

I rather feel that I accomplished a lot, but not nearly enough

At the end of the day I think I can honestly say that I gave 100%. It's often not easy fighting with the devs and designers.

And there's a possibility we'll see one more build:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/wubi/+bug/771517/comments/11

I've run through no less than 5 tests with each of 6 different iso images this time. Maybe we'll have a 7th

I'm looking forward to Oneiric and the challenges, especially following up on ubiquity development.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

nothingspecial has asked that the gnome 3 ppa thread be moved, I'll move it tomorrow, probably to General Help.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by devguy View Post
    Nahh man, it'll be the "Perverse Penguin."
    Nahhh dude, Penguin would be toooo obvious...look at that linux sticker on your PC!

The 2nd most obvious choice is Placated Platypus

Peace and a ^5 to all who endured Natty before it became a boring final release.
    Ubuntu +1 (Trusty Tahr)

Beans
    Distro

you mean we should wait for another testing
    i don't like and wanna wait....
    Why should we use Windows when we can use door?
    the door of world is here in linux,pass the door to be safe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast