Thread: Password an email using Evolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Password an email using Evolution

Is there a way to password an email using Evolution?
    Is it possible to send an email with a password anyother way?
    Sincerely,
    Scott.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Password an email using Evolution

The only thing I can think of is to write the "email" in a text or word doc then place that into a zip archive and password protect the archive. Then you email the archive.
    I5 3ghz , 16gig RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT610 1gig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Evolution supports encryption of emails.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Mazal View Post
    The only thing I can think of is to write the "email" in a text or word doc then place that into a zip archive and password protect the archive. Then you email the archive.
    You know Ghost_Mazal, that is something I should have thought of straight up!
    That's like Drrr to me :-/
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zill View Post
    Evolution supports encryption of emails.
    Zil, If I encrypt an email from Evolution, can the person receiving the email decrypt it with Outlook so that only the mother-in-law can read it?

My issue: I am sending photo's of my children in an email to my parents-in-law, but my sister-in-law is opening the emails before my mother-in-law gets to read them, and it is upsetting my mother-in-law. She has told my sister-in-law not to do it, but the B$#@! has no respect for her mother, and the mother is not that good with computers so I will not ask her to password her computer etc.

Kind regards,

Scott

PS: I can hear your thoughts...get rid of the sister-in-law!!!
    The mother cannot do it, the father would, but not against the wishes of the mother :-/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Segofam View Post
    ...Zil, If I encrypt an email from Evolution, can the person receiving the email decrypt it with Outlook so that only the mother-in-law can read it?

My issue: I am sending photo's of my children in an email to my parents-in-law, but my sister-in-law is opening the emails before my mother-in-law gets to read them, and it is upsetting my mother-in-law...
    I don't know if encryption will work exactly as you want but there is no harm in experimenting to see if it will.

An easier solution may be for your mother-in-law to open her own email account and then keep her logon/password secret. This could be a simple webmail account she could use from any PC.