Thread: Wireless mouse not working

Beans

Wireless mouse not working

I have a wireless mouse and keyboard. The keyboard is working fine on Ubuntu but the Mouse isn't, I can't click on anything. The cursor moves around fine though (Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700 V2.0)

I have two operating systems, XP and now Ubuntu, so a dual boot.

The Mouse works fine on XP, however on Ubuntu it will work for around 5 minutes and then randomly stop clicking.

What can I do?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Wireless mouse not working

I'm no expert but you might try System/Administration/Hardware Drivers and let it look for a better driver. Then select and activate the one labeled "recommended" if it is not already active. If that doesn't work, try System/Administration/Software Sources and check some of the unchecked sources, especially "proprietary drivers". Then System/Administration/update manager and press the check button. Install any updates, then go back and try step one, System/Administration/Hardware Drivers and let it look for a better driver. Then select and activate the one labeled "recommended" if it is not already active. It's worth a try.
    Please don't remove the forum archives!
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post10640901

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wireless mouse not working

I am to new to this all but lets try this make sure that your wireless mouse is plugged in and then go to applications-->accessories-->terminal then type in
    Code:
    lsusb
    then post that here thanks
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority