Thread: Immediate logout after login to Natty beta

Beans

Question Immediate logout after login to Natty beta

Hi,

i have installed Ubuntu 11.04 beta release 64 bit and frequently updating with latest updates(allmost all).

now i'm having some problem, while i'm login to GUI interface it shows a blank screen(seems logging) and in the next screen it shows login screen again.(Immediate logout).

Can anybody please suggest to get rid off this situation?

i found some messages from syslog like below:

acpid: client 2889[0:0] has disconnected
    acpid: client 2889[0:0] has disconnected
    acpid: client connected from 3034[0:0]
    acpid: 1 client rule loaded
    acpid: client connected from 3034[0:0]
    acpid: 1 client rule loaded
    pulseaudio[1919]: module-alsa-card.c: Failed to find a working profile.
    pulseaudio[1919]: module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-card" (argument: "device_id="29" name="platform-thinkpad_acpi" card_name="alsa_card.platform-thinkpad_acpi" tsched=yes ignore_dB=no card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1""): initialization failed.
    gdm-simple-greeter[3075]: Gtk-WARNING: /build/buildd/gtk+3.0-3.0.8/./gtk/gtkwidget.c:6786: widget not within a GtkWindow
    gdm-simple-greeter[3075]: Gtk-WARNING: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -47 and height -47
    gdm-simple-greeter[3075]: Gdk-WARNING: gdk_xsettings_watch_cb(): Couldn't find window to unwatch
    gnome-session[3057]: WARNING: Application 'gnome-settings-daemon.desktop' killed by signal
    Last edited by shatil06; April 25th, 2011 at 09:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Immediate logout after login to Natty beta

Try installing gnome-shell and then using the "Ubuntu Gnome Shell" (or similar; I don't remember the exact wording) environment.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

Beans

Smile Re: Immediate logout after login to Natty beta

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    I found there was some problem in gdm, i had installed kdm as default manager and it works fine.
    However i have upgraded using option upgrade from "Ubuntu 11.04 to Ubuntu 11.04" of Ubuntu 11.04 released version cd.

Thanks, Minhaz