Thread: Help: Ipod Shuffle

Beans

Question Help: Ipod Shuffle

Hi, i have some trouble with my ipod shuffle 2nd gen(gray).

I can transfer music but i cant seem to play it, i'm using guayadeque and gtkpod. i guess ubuntu and apple are not fiends, so i wipe out my ipod just like a freshly formated flash drive. and now, gtkpod will not load my ipod but it is detected and also mountable.

how can i transfer my music to my (freshly formated) ipod shuffle in ubuntu 10.04? what software should i use?

btw, i dont have windows.

Beans

Re: Help: Ipod Shuffle

So all i need is a windows with itunes right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by fatalfix24 View Post
    Hi, i have some trouble with my ipod shuffle 2nd gen(gray).

I can transfer music but i cant seem to play it, i'm using guayadeque and gtkpod. i guess ubuntu and apple are not fiends, so i wipe out my ipod just like a freshly formated flash drive. and now, gtkpod will not load my ipod but it is detected and also mountable.

how can i transfer my music to my (freshly formated) ipod shuffle in ubuntu 10.04? what software should i use?

btw, i dont have windows.
    If you formatted the ipod you should recreate the ipod folder structure with gtkopd. Its a option that should appear under the Music menu in gtkpod.
    Once you have created the ipod folder structure you will be able to transfer music to it again and play it from it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I had similar problems and managed to find a solution. The shuffle is a pain to get working sometimes. I did a writeup of all the steps here.

http://www.wiredrevolution.com/guides/sync-your-ipod-shuffle-with-linux

Good Luck!