Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung series 9

Beans

Re: Samsung series 9

Happens maybe once or twice per usage session (once every hour maybe). I don't download on my laptop, that's what the server is for. But watching youtube freezes for a few seconds.

Edit: I'm not regretting buying the laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well thank you. I guess I'm gonna need to think about it. Once about every hour is pretty frequent. Actually the author of this post whom is running ubuntu 12.10 seems to be very pleasant with the performance and doesn't mention any wireless issues. If you're running an earlier version of ubuntu, that could also be the reason for such problems (but I'm not sure). Thanks anyway.

Beans

I'm also running 12.10, maybe something in combination with a particular wifi router?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Can you try the following configuration and see if it fixes the wireless issue?

1) Create a file at /etc/modprobe.d/intel_11n_disable.conf containing this one line:
    options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1

2) Run this command:
    sudo update-initramfs -u

3) Reboot

Beans

For the record, I have a X4C with:

Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (rev 24)

and Ubuntu 12.10

No problems whatsoever. No dropping, and great re-connect after hiberate (I don't suspend much).

Not sure if it's relevant, but I upgraded to latest firmware.

K

Beans

Re: Samsung series 9 wont charge.

Hi All

Has anyone experienced their series 9 just dying? I was using the laptop on battery and it went into powersave now the charge light won't even come on.. BTW i've measured the voltgae on the charger and its 20VDC

I've also asked Samsung for a return no. but as yet no response.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Hello, all! I've had my NP900X4C for about 2-3 weeks now, and I am loving it. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, considering going to 12.10, but don't really know what I would be gaining.

I am only having 2 issues:

1. the known suspend on close lid issue
    2. wifi/bluetooth will not stay how I set them over suspend or reboot.

With this second problem, I have used samsung-tools-preferences to set both to retain the last state they were set to, but my bluetooth is always *on* on unsuspend and reboot, and my wifi is always *off*. I always have to toggle them. Any ideas?

Once, I experienced not being able to connect to any of several available wifis, but I have now disabled n-band and will see if that fixes the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by erinspice View Post
    Hello, all! I've had my NP900X4C for about 2-3 weeks now, and I am loving it. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, considering going to 12.10, but don't really know what I would be gaining.

I am only having 2 issues:

1. the known suspend on close lid issue
    2. wifi/bluetooth will not stay how I set them over suspend or reboot.

With this second problem, I have used samsung-tools-preferences to set both to retain the last state they were set to, but my bluetooth is always *on* on unsuspend and reboot, and my wifi is always *off*. I always have to toggle them. Any ideas?

Once, I experienced not being able to connect to any of several available wifis, but I have now disabled n-band and will see if that fixes the problem.
    Hey Erin,

I have the same laptop. Do the fn keyboard backlight keys work? Mine always show a maxed out slider bar, even when I press the "less" button.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

No, I experience the same symptoms you describe. My ambient light sensor works, though, and is able to set my keys backlight level appropriately.

In other news, UEFI-boot brick problem is workarounded.

Beans

hi,
    i tried installing ubuntu in my new laptop 900x4d and got it bricked. so they sent me a replacement.
    now i dont know what to do. i would really like to have ubuntu on my laptop, but i dont want to brick it again.
    is it really safe to install in "CSM OS" mode?

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast