Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Samsung series 9

Beans

Re: Samsung series 9

Anyone still using this sleek machine with Ubuntu 14.04? B-)

I'm wondering if there's a fix yet for the screen brightness state on reboot - currently mine resets to 100%, which is common (or at least HAS been in the past...). Could anyone please shed some light - is there a fix other than the local.rc script workaround to set the brightness on boot? That workaround is gets its job done, but it would be really cool if Ubuntu could remember the brightness from the previous session.

Also, is it more advised to run Ubuntu in UEFI or legacy mode? I haven't noticed my keyboard brightness changing automatically, nor can I change it manually. I'm currently using UEFI and dual booting with Win 8.1. Other than these things, I find that Ubuntu runs beautifully on this machine. I've been running it since 12.10 on here, and it's been getting the job done!

Thanks in advance!

Beans

Hi Josh,

I am still using Samsung NP900X3C with Ubuntu 14.04 and screen brightness still resets to 100% on reboot for me. I added it as an outstanding issue to the wiki page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SamsungSeries9

Beans

I am still hapily running Mint 17 (Ubuntu 14.04) on my Series 9 E. The only thing that doesn't really seem to work for me is the CPU throttle. Silent mode / indicator-cpufreq powersave / but still it runs above 800MHz

For powersaving purposes I want to cap it at 800MHz when putting it into silent/powersave. It does kill the fans when going to silent, untill it gets too hot (which it does when going above 800 with fans off)

Running Kernel 3.16 and almost everything seems to work (apart from the light on the volume button)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No Bluetooth on 900X3E?

Hi!

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 on a Samsung 900X3E and has done so for more than a year. I do not often use Bluetooth, but I know that it has worked before on this machine. Now, however, I seem not to be able to turn it on, in the deamon, not in Unity/Ubuntu desktop, and not through Kubuntu Plasma desktop. Anyone got advice on this?

Magnus

Beans

Hi all,

I own a
    Samsung NP900X3D, i've disabled Secure Boot and Fast Boot.
    I've installed both Windows 8.1 x64 and Ubuntu 14.10 x64 in
    uefi mode.

The problem is that only Windows can be started from the ssd, Ubuntu does not show up in the boot menu so I'm able to start Ubuntu only from the usb stick.

To fix this boot issue i've followed this guide:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
    So i used boot-repair from a live image but the tool gives me a error and
    i'm still unable to boot Linux from the ssd.
    This is the log of boot-repair:
    http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/9163181/

Thanks in advance for any help
    BR

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233