Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung series 9

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Samsung series 9

Is there an actual solution to the multitouch touchpad? I just bought the Series 9 three days ago and can't get the two finger scrolling to work. I tried a few suggestions mentioned above and they didn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam Green View Post
    I can tell you something about a turntable.
    I have two of them.
    And a microphone.
    Where it's at.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Nevermind, I upgraded to kernel 3.2 and it works great now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam Green View Post
    I can tell you something about a turntable.
    I have two of them.
    And a microphone.
    Where it's at.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Is there something I'm missing with the touchpad configuration? I upgraded my kernel to 3.3.0-030300 (from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa.../v3.3-precise/). I now get a "Touchpad" tab in mouse settings, but right click doesn't work. If I use the "modprobe psmouse proto=exps" trick, right clicking comes back, but the touchpad settings tab go away.

Beans

I am feeling really dim because I cannot get past go. I have a new 900X3B-A01UK. I have downloaded an iso of 12.04 beta 2 and used the Universal USB Installer from Pendrive.com to create a bootable usb. I have put it in the right hand USB 2 slot. I have reset the boot priority to every usb option available but I cannot get it to boot from the usb stick - it just boots straight into Windows. I can see and explore the contents of the usb from Windows. I am obviously missing something blindingly obvious but I am stuck - can anyone help?

Beans

OK I have found part of the problem - I had to disable FastBIOS in the bios setup to get the boot priority to change. Unfortunately, although it now tries to boot from the usb it just hangs after 1 line with a flashing cursor. I am going to try with Natty and see if I have better luck.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikekelly308 View Post
    Unfortunately, although it now tries to boot from the usb it just hangs after 1 line with a flashing cursor.
    Disable UEFI support in BIOS as well.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nbusch View Post
    Disable UEFI support in BIOS as well.
    Thanks, I'll do that. My problem was simpler though - I managed to click on the AMD iso when I wanted the i386 version.

Beans

Anyone got the BCM wifi card in the 400b working in 12.04 yet?

i'm struggling with all the tips here in the thread but the darn thing just doesn't see my AP... it sees my neighbours but that wont help me much.

the wlan card uses the "brcmsmac" driver according to lshw -C network

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adampaetznick View Post
    Is there something I'm missing with the touchpad configuration? I upgraded my kernel to 3.3.0-030300 (from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa.../v3.3-precise/). I now get a "Touchpad" tab in mouse settings, but right click doesn't work. If I use the "modprobe psmouse proto=exps" trick, right clicking comes back, but the touchpad settings tab go away.
    I have the same EXACT issue! Any luck?

Beans

Have you seen this document https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePango...Overview/Beta2 ?. Under Trackpad it says

ClickPad support

ClickPad devices are trackpads where the physical button is integrated into the trackpad surface. Ubuntu Precise now has enhanced support for these devices. When the button is pressed on a ClickPad device, a second finger may be used to drag the cursor.

• ClickPad support requires extra handling that conflicts with "Click Action" support. Click Actions allow for separate actions when multiple fingers are active on a trackpad. The default Ubuntu settings enable right button behavior when two fingers are in contact with the trackpad surface and the physical trackpad button is pressed. Because of conflicting behavior, ClickPad devices do not support Click Actions in this release.
    • Most Synaptics brand ClickPads are recognized out of the box. Apple MacBook trackpads are recognized as well. Support for Apple Magic Trackpads and more Synaptics brand ClickPads will follow in the next release.

I get context menus on links etc. by 2-finger tapping. I can select text by single finger tapping. 2 taps for a word, 3 for a line or 2 taps and drag to select multiple lines. I can reposition windows by clicking on the top bar and using the keyboard arrow keys. It is not great but I can work around it until i is properly fixed.

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast