Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Install Win7 in virtualbox "Fatal: No bootable medium found! system halted"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Install Win7 in virtualbox "Fatal: No bootable medium found! system halted"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilalto View Post
    Hello every one... I'm afraid the theme is not solved... I got some very similar problem... I would be very happy if someone kind person could help me...

I installed Ubuntu server 12.04 to my old computer Celeron 1800 and 384 Ram.. It's not much but I don't need more because server is just for torrents and file sharing. anyway I wanted to set a virtualbox to server with phpVirtualBox... I did it but when I'm trying to install windows2000 inside virtualbox I see the error named "FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted."

I checked for hundred times all bootable options, I checked with different ISO, even with the same iso of installed ubuntu 12.04.

HELP ME PLEAAAAASSSEEEE!!!!!
    Make sure the VM is booting off the cd. Start it up, hit F12 and select cd.

Sidenote: Running VMs on a box with 384MB of RAM is probably not going to work out very well.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Make sure the VM is booting off the cd. Start it up, hit F12 and select cd.

Sidenote: Running VMs on a box with 384MB of RAM is probably not going to work out very well.

Well... for some reason my server crashed down... I'm new with linux server, and I like to experimenting... after reinstalling ubuntu server, virtual box works properly... so.. I don't know what was a reason and seems I will don't know...

thanks a lot for the answer!

Sidenote: I know that 384mb is not much... but server use nearly 210 mb, then 128 for win2k should be ok. I can use team viewer with windows 2000. and by it get the access from the Internet to my network. I do not know how I could connect to the server from the internet without this strange way. The problem is I can't use VPN or SSH, because I've no static IP. Do you know some similar service like team viewer but for linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Set up bridged networking instead of NAT.

Altho I suggest not allowing Windows 2000 access to the internet at all, it hasn't received security updates in a few years.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

I'm having the same issue here. Tried the F12 boot and already had CD #1 in boot order.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123