Thread: Screen borders changed from black to silver with no input from me

Beans

Screen borders changed from black to silver with no input from me

So I am surfing the internet when I notice that the top and bottom borders are now silver, normally they are black. The borders that contain Applications, Places and System. I never changed them, at least knowingly. I first rebooted to see it would change back. It didn't, they were still silver. I, next, went to System, Preferences, Appearance and I found I had a custom theme. I never intended to create a custom theme. I changed my theme back to Ambiance and then 10 minutes later the borders changed back to silver and the Theme was reset to custom. I changed it back to Ambiance and it's been stable for 30 mins. When I check now, I have no custom settings listed for themes.

Anybody have a clue why this might be happening?

I am using Ubuntu 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Screen borders changed from black to silver with no input from me

There's an odd bug that's been killing Gnome Settings Daemon in 10.10, killing the theming so that everything is flat grey, but the behavior's just a little different - just loading Gnome Settings Daemon fixed it in those instances.

If it happens again, try running this to see if it's a related problem:

Code:
    killall gnome-settings-daemon; gnome-settings-daemon
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

Re: Screen borders changed from black to silver with no input from me

Thanks Copper Bezel,

That did the trick....