Thread: Flash plugin 10.2r153 unstable?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Flash plugin 10.2r181 unstable?

The Flash plugin (version 10.2r153) seems unstable. I can't recall ever having it crash before, but recently it happens a lot. I searched, but did not find anything about others having this particular problem. (Same goes for the recent 10.3r181 update except as noted in my post #5 below.)

I mostly use Flash to listen to streaming radio on two US AM stations, KKOB 770 and WSB 750. They have the same streaming provider (streamtheworld.com). It seems as if the Flash plugin crashes at least once per listening session.

I've also had Flash crash when watching Youtube videos a few times. But mostly I notice it with the streaming radio, because that's 90% of what I use Flash for.

Here's what happens: Streaming stops, and I get the "Flash plugin has crashed" error message in the streaming player window. I then have to re-open the streaming window.

The browser does not lock up or exhibit other bad behavior. Still, it's an annoying problem. I can't recall ever having previous versions of the Flash plugin crash, so this seems to be a recently-introduced bug.

FWIW, I am running Firefox 3.6.16, and the Flash plugin is version 10.2 r153, under Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit.
    Last edited by Objekt; May 11th, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Acer Swift 3 (SF314-42-R7LH)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Flash plugin 10.2r153 unstable?

Try this add-on and also flash was updated to .59 via the update manager a day or two ago.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/flash-aid/
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I ran Update Manager not long after posting that, and I noticed Flash was updated to 10.2r159. Perhaps that is the fix.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Objekt View Post
    I ran Update Manager not long after posting that, and I noticed Flash was updated to 10.2r159. Perhaps that is the fix.
    That was a security update , so I don't think that will help.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

It didn't. I have version 10.2r159 now, but I keep getting Flash plugin crashes while listening to streaming radio.

update:
    And just a few days later, version 10.2r181 is out. r159 was still crashing with streaming radio, we'll see whether r181 is any better.

update the second:
    not really. I haven't had Flash crash while listening to streaming radio the last several times I tried it. However, it's crashing whenever I try to make a Flash video go fullscreen, e.g. Zero Punctuation reviews at The Escapist website. By that I mean it crashes Every. Single. Time. Most irritating!
    Last edited by Objekt; May 11th, 2011 at 03:01 AM.