Thread: Quick Question About Ubuntu Install

Beans

Quick Question About Ubuntu Install

Hello,

I am about to install Ubuntu 10.10 on my 2009 Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.7. I want to be able to boot to Mac OS X or Ubuntu on start up so I am following the instructions from this guide:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...elInstallation

Should this guide be up to date and lead to a successful install? If not, could you direct me to an up to date guide? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by shakeman0; April 19th, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

Beans

Re: Quick Question About Ubuntu Install

Says it doesn't work for maverick. Here's the best way to do it: BACK EVERYTHING UP!!!!!

Put in the 10.10 CD click try ubuntu without installing. If you like, it use the GUI installer. You may wish to partition the drive in disk utility first, so as to preserve your OS drive, or you can do it in gparted. Once you've done this, the installation /should/ detect that OS X is installed. You can select "install alongside OS X" and it'll do everything for you. Make sure ALL your data is backed up in the event something goes wrong.
    "Like computer viruses, successful mind viruses will tend to be hard for their victims to detect. If you are the victim of one, the chances are that you won't know it, and may even vigorously deny it." -- Richard Dawkins