Thread: Bluetooth headphones

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Bluetooth headphones

Recently purchased a set of Plantronics Backbeat 903+ Bluetooth headphones for use with my iPhone 3GS - they work fantastic for music, streaming radio or phone calls.

I recently paired them with my laptop to listen to audio from the machine without wires. What a great alternative for listening to anything on your laptop, let me tell ya.

How many others use Bluetooth headphones for phone and laptop for wireless streaming audio?

What other brands of Bluetooth headphones are others using and how do you like them?

I already use a Plantronics Voyager Pro cell phone Bluetooth headset and I really like the ruggedness of the Plantronics branded products. I recently saw on the Plantronics website there there is now a Voyager Pro+ headset that you can stream music to from your phone - I think I will sell my old Voyager Pro on Craig's List and purchase the new one. I just love listening to music all day.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Bluetooth headphones

I'd get bluetooth headphones if I could use them about 5~10 feet from my desktop computer, where the bluetooth receiver can't be pointed to the headphones. (Desktop sits behind the 42 inch teleset I have, since it takes less power than my ASUS Monitor I got with it. If it can also last for weeks without charging, or changing batteries (would be better with double As)

Otherwis,e I have no reason to use it.
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Bluetooth headphones

Range on Bluetooth is around 30 feet - and I charge my headset daily on the way home from the office (about an hour drive) and then at home at night.

The headset will play music for almost seven hours before it needs charging again.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have a pair of Motorola S9-HD's. Not too bad on the range of about 30 feet with no walls. With walls I get maybe 15-20. That's using my desktop. My phone, a HTC Incredible, will give me about 15 feet.

I get about 5-7 hours on a charge I think. Never really tested that out.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by steveneddy View Post
    The headset will play music for almost seven hours before it needs charging again.
    I sometimes leave my wired headphones accidentally play, and since my headphones would also need a microphone, and that's always on and receives input noise (even though there's noise canceling, stupid need of amping up the thing so I can properly speak to people) it wouldn't last long at all.

I often sit around constantly replaying the same few songs over and over (I love RPG / Video game music) for many hours on end.

So I'll have to stick with wires.
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Sony DR-BT101 Bluetooth Headphones.
    Quite useful for music and podcasts.
    Works great in Ubuntu any pc. Easy setup.
    Bluetooth sound quality for music is good but not high end.

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: Bluetooth headphones

Quote Originally Posted by lancest View Post
    Sony DR-BT101 Bluetooth Headphones.
    Quite useful for music and podcasts.
    Works great in Ubuntu any pc. Easy setup.
    Bluetooth sound quality for music is good but not high end.
    Nice phones.

I looked at full sized headphone when trying out earphones - but I wear them at work and they would have looked too obtrusive for my needs.

Something like that might work for me in home use, though.

Gotta love technology that help make you life more pleasant and less cumbersome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Beans

Old thread back to sleep.

Feel free to start a fresh one referencing this thread if needs be.

Whoops, too late