Thread: Has anybody come across these linux powered PVR boxes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

Re: Has anybody come across these linux powered PVR boxes

Not seen that one, but it looks similar to my Digital Stream PVR which is running Linux. It's absolutely the best PVR I've ever used. A really great feature is that being based on Linux, I can connect an external USB drive and copy recordings to my desktop PC should I wish. I bought a 2TB Western Digital drive to archive favourite recordings. Awesomes!

Linux based PVR's FTW.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans

most PVR's, DVD players, Set top boxes, TV's have Linux firmware. It's easier for them to corporate customise and brand and saves licensing costs and has lower system over heads.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Is there anything dodgy with the system. It seems like a card sharing scheme.

Beans

I don't really know lots about these things, I have a TiVo, a Sky HD decoder/PVR and a couple of Apple TV's and they work brilliantly.

My experience with a lot of third party appliances has been that they don't play well with Cable systems, they work great with "Freeview" type networks and generally stream OK except from Apple which never plays well with other kids in the play ground.
    This account is not active.