Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: xf86-input-mtrack: The Other Multitouch Trackpad Driver

Beans

Re: xf86-input-mtrack: The Other Multitouch Trackpad Driver

Did you want to 'click' the trackpad, i.e. press the button, or 'tap' the trackpad?
    And are you wanting to use two fingers to trigger the right click?
    Either of those ones is fine for me. So, if you can share it, I'd appreciate it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by muammarelkhatib View Post
    Either of those ones is fine for me. So, if you can share it, I'd appreciate it.
    Add this to your xorg.conf for both "tap" and "click" using two fingers:

Code:
    Section "InputClass"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Identifier      "Touchpads"
        Driver          "mtrack"
        Option          "ClickFinger1" "3"
        Option          "TapButton2" "3"
    EndSection

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnmurrayvi View Post
    Add this to your xorg.conf for both "tap" and "click" using two fingers:

Code:
    Section "InputClass"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Identifier      "Touchpads"
        Driver          "mtrack"
        Option          "ClickFinger1" "3"
        Option          "TapButton2" "3"
    EndSection
    Thanks. The Option TapButton2 worked pretty fine. But regarding the option ClickFinger, it didn't. Anyways, I can live with it right now. The only thing remaining at least for me, is to make the keymap to fit correctly with the US intl.

Cheers,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by muammarelkhatib View Post
    Thanks. The Option TapButton2 worked pretty fine. But regarding the option ClickFinger, it didn't. Anyways, I can live with it right now. The only thing remaining at least for me, is to make the keymap to fit correctly with the US intl.

Cheers,
    Please read the docs, there's a full explanation for each configuration parameter:
    https://github.com/BlueDragonX/xf86-...ster/README.md
    Gentoo Developer Extraordinaire

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
    Please read the docs, there's a full explanation for each configuration parameter:
    https://github.com/BlueDragonX/xf86-...ster/README.md
    Thanks for the suggestion. I had done partially (I didn't have time for reading it completely when I requested the help...). That's why I asked for one configuration that worked.

Now that I have more time, I will try to configure this in other way to see if I get what I need. I'll post back.

Beans

I like this driver -- the customizability is terrific! I enjoy being able to use three- and four-finger gestures to trigger Expo, Scale, etc. Good stuff.

But I'm stumped on one thing. I'm using the mtrack driver (0.2, installed via the prebuilt .deb on Natty x64) with an Apple Magic Trackpad, and tap-to-drag is causing me problems.

When I tap to drag, I get a button1 double-click FOLLOWED by a drag. So if I try to tap-and-drag a window by its titlebar, it maximizes and won't drag. If I tap-and-drag to select text in a window, I get the first full word selected (the double-click) then, as I keep my finger down, dragging works as expected.

How can I avoid that double-click? I just want to drag!

(And yeah, just to avoid all doubt -- I'm sure I'm executing the tap-to-drag maneuver correctly. It works with the Synaptics driver, and it has worked on every Windows laptop I have ever used.)

This is with mtrack default settings. I have played around with alternative settings, but I can't seem to make this problem go away.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Beans

Hi,
    I get

Code:
    (EE) mtrack: cannot configure device
    (EE) Couldn't init device "bcm5974"
    The problem is that the trackpad seems not working, since the right click doesn't work for me.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Beans

Hi!

I am having troubles setting up the driver. I installed the deb package for maverick, edited the xorg.conf but the trackpad will not work. Here are the logs for xorg:

Code:
    [    15.373] (II) LoadModule: "mtrack"
    [    15.373] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/mtrack_drv.so
    [    15.373] (II) Module mtrack: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    15.373] 	compiled for 1.10.1, module version = 0.1.0
    [    15.373] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
    [    15.373] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 12.3
    [    15.373] (EE) module ABI major version (12) doesn't match the server's version (11)
    [    15.373] (II) UnloadModule: "mtrack"
    [    15.373] (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/mtrack_drv.so
    [    15.373] (EE) Failed to load module "mtrack" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
    [    15.373] (EE) No input driver matching `mtrack'
    Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks!

Beans

Hi,

I am currently working on get ubuntu on my asus eee pad transformer.
    One of the problems i am working on is the Touchpad. Evdev and Synaptics are not working. So I cam along this driver. Compiled it for ARM and setup the xorg.conf. First I thought that it does not work but when trying to scroll with to fingers the course was moving

So my question is: how can I change the behavior to move the courser when only one finger is on the touchpad? I cant find any reasonable option to do so.

Oh, and thanks for your work
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Thanks so much for developing this! It's light years ahead of multitouch as far as reliable trackpadding on Linux is concerned (and this is by far the single biggest source of frustration for me when switching back and forth between Linux and OS X).

I want to add another vote towards the "BottomEdge" feature mentioned earlier... I tend to keep just the tip of my thumb on the bottom edge of the trackpad, and frequently pointer input stops working completely if my thumb isn't detected as big enough.

I've played around in OS X to see what the behavior is... it looks like any touch originating along a sliver at the bottom of the trackpad is ignored until it moves upwards sufficiently (at which point the cursor jumps a bit, presumably to make up for the amount of movement it missed). Furthermore, touches traveling into the bottom region from above don't get "lost" to the bottom region, instead they keep moving the cursor. I think this is the most transparent way of implementing this kind of feature, since it doesn't really take away any trackpad area.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast