Quote Originally Posted by mstratman View Post
I added some rudimentary support for the MT protocol to part of the elantech kernel driver (among other changes) ( https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27442 ). It affects the newer Samsung laptops.

Your Xorg driver appears to work with it. Cheers.
Well, at a glance anyway. I haven't yet done extensive testing.
Sweet, nice work!

A couple of questions:
* These newer Samsungs (the ones for which the MT-capable part of elantech) have a single touchpad with no clickable buttons... does this mean I want your has_integrated_button() in capabilities.c to return 1? And more importantly, what's this for and what will it affect? (sorry if that's a dumb question - i'm kind of new to this touchpad stuff).
From what I understand, yes. However, I do not check that value, the driver depends on the user to configure that.

* Is two-finger click and drag (i.e. click with one finger, move other finger to drag) supposed to work with your Xorg driver? And if not, is this outside of the scope of what it should be doing; or simply not (yet) implemented?
If it is supposed to work, any ideas why it might not be working?
Yes, this functionality works with this driver. I use it all the time. I'll have to give it some thought when it's not 2 AM. Compiling the driver with debugging output would help to pinpoint it, though.