Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ipod touch 4g and ubuntu 11....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ipod touch 4g and ubuntu 11....

I know there is some bult in support, with banshee and all. But how would i sync other things like my photos and whatnot? im dual booting ubuntu and windows 7 at the moment and the only thing holding be back from going full ubuntu is my ipod, itunes, and jailbreaks. Is there anything that will do everything itunes does on ubuntu, for free?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ipod touch 4g and ubuntu 11....

Is it jailbroken?

Here's how you could sync files from your device.

Code:
    mkdir /mnt/ipod photos
    ifuse --root /mnt/ipod
    cp /mnt/ipod/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/* photos/
    If you're interested in shell scripts for syncing photos or books from you computer to your device then I might be able to help. You would need to have the device mounted with ifuse tho.

Beans
    Distro

Now whats ifuse?? Sorry but i havent used ubuntu since ubuntu 8 so....things changed alot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I dunno what's ifuse, but I hear that it makes the penguin play with the fruit. It just basically mounts your device so you can see the files and transfer them etc. What version of ubuntu are you using now? Is ifuse available on your system? Are you jailbroken?

Beans
    Distro

im using ubuntu 11 with ipod touch 4g ios 4.3.1 unteatherd jailbreak

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That's good, that's what I'm using too. Did you just want to transfer the photos to your computer or the other way around too? Are you comfortable with shell scripts? Was there anything else?

Also on a side note I wouldn't remove your windows 7 or anything and switch to a full Ubuntu only.

Sometimes you can only do things on Windows. For example I've been using Ubuntu for years and it can play most media files but it still can't yet play vc-1 interlaced codec which bluray rarely uses so I've gotta go to my Windows 7 partition if I'm wanting to play that.

Beans
    Distro

i wanna put them onto the ipod, but the other way around would be nice too, just in case. n no im not familiar with them, im only familiar with batch scripting but thats windows cmd. No theres nothing else, Banshee does my music and ubuntu 11 allows me some functionality with the ipod file system by default, which is awesome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Try the program tripod, it's described as "iPod photo uploader". If there's no other way I could release my personal shell scripts which might be kinda risky.

Beans
    Distro

Seached in software center but not in there, googleing it now but not finding it for ubuntu 11. Do i just go with the 10.10 version or is there a repository im supposed to add

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just installed it to find out (I don't know another way). It's in the universe repository for 10.04, don't know about 11.

sudo apt-get install tripod

Get:8 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/universe tripod 0.7.0-2ubuntu1 [69.1kB]

Also just to let you know I havn't tried tripod before so let everyone know if it works and stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast