Thread: physical specs for current Starling display?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Question physical specs for current Starling display?

I've been interested in getting a Starling for myself, since I find my GF's so convenient to use: not only is it easier to carry, but its matte screen is more readable in bright light (e.g., outside). I've been even more interested since learning about the Pixel Qi display. Now, another event (TBD) may have forced the issue. So I'd like to get physical details about the current Starling display, in order to evaluate whether or not I could swap in the Pixel Qi 10.1" screen. (The main requirement seems to be a "40 pin LVDS interface".) Where could I get specs on the current Starling's screen?

Beans

Re: physical specs for current Starling display?

Its my experience that S76 doesn't supply physical specs or documentation on their laptops. You have to figure out what the equivalent Clevo or Sager laptop is and go to their respective websites to download their documentation.

I don't know what the equivalent of the Starling is but I'm sure somebody here does.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

replacing Starling displays

Quote Originally Posted by tlroche View Post
    another event (TBD) may have forced the issue.
    That's cryptic :-) What I meant:

My girlfriend's daughter was watching youtube on my GF's Starling (a star1) and listening with earbud headphones. She then took off the earbuds, put them on the keyboard, and "closed the lid," crushing the earbuds into the LCD :-( Don't do that, esp if your Starling is out of warranty.

So whereas before I was interested in getting a Pixel Qi to upgrade a new Starling ...

I'd like to get physical details about the current Starling display, in order to evaluate whether or not I could swap in the Pixel Qi 10.1" screen. (The main requirement seems to be a "40 pin LVDS interface".)
    ... now I'm also interested in getting one to repair a star1.

Where could I get specs on the current Starling's screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by sderrick View Post
    Its my experience that S76 doesn't supply physical specs or documentation on their laptops. You have to figure out what the equivalent Clevo or Sager laptop is and go to their respective websites to download their documentation.
    I'd appreciate advice regarding the upstream make/model of the original Starling (System76 model=star1) or the current Starling.