Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ubuntu virus

Beans

Re: Ubuntu virus

I will never speak a single bad word about Arch - it's a great distro - slim and fast.
    But... I'm using ubuntu now - because of my laziness. Ubuntu just works - I'm using only LTS and if there's something that I need and it's not available for LTS I just compile it from src - like Minitube or CodeBlocks or KiCad. Besides, If You need good HW support, then You should face the fact that in case of closed src HW drivers support is available only for "stable" versions of kernel - this affects both gfx cards and HW raid controllers.
    And here it should be mentioned, that 2 years ago there was a lot of drivers for RHEL, very few for Ubuntu - now most of vendors provide Ubuntu-specific versions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

My point as far as my little "joke" goes, it referred to how no one can start an Ubuntu discussion without some random user raising his virtual hand and letting people know they use Arch. It's usually never relevant to the discussion. Is it that us Ubuntu users are supposed to go "Ooooh!!! They are REAL Linux users. I'm beholden to your computer prowess!"

My Personal Blog: http://1roxtar.blogspot.com Latest Blog: HOW MUCH DO YOU LINUX?.

My Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Testing Rig:
    Dell Dimension E521, AMD64 Athlon X2, 5 Gigs of RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT video card.

Beans
    Hidden!

I already commented on this arch virus business so ill just reuse it trollolol
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=297

ps if I am not allowed to link to a locked thread then please remove it but it is meant as nothing more than a friendly troll post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1roxtar View Post
    My point as far as my little "joke" goes, it referred to how no one can start an Ubuntu discussion without some random user raising his virtual hand and letting people know they use Arch. It's usually never relevant to the discussion. Is it that us Ubuntu users are supposed to go "Ooooh!!! They are REAL Linux users. I'm beholden to your computer prowess!"

From the short period of time I've been on this forum, I can't say that I've seen the elitist attitude that you seem to think arch users have...

I agree that its sometimes irreverent to the discussion in question when someone makes a distro suggestion, but if you want to make a fuss over something so trivial, good for you
    Last edited by ~Plue; April 21st, 2011 at 04:33 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TeoBigusGeekus View Post
    "How do you know when someone uses Arch?"
    "They 'll tell you."

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

We all need to sign up on the Arch forums and start telling them all how awesome Ubuntu is.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456