Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Intel HD 3000 Graphics support for xorg?

Beans

Re: Intel HD 3000 Graphics support for xorg?

Has anyone got any news on this issue? I am running 11.04 on thinkpad e520 core i3-2310m and hd 3000 graphics. Not even sure if these are the same issues, but I'm having glitching of the graphics with in application windows. When I use gedit or the terminal in particular, the text will jumble up and entire lines will go black. It makes it really hard to use as I normally notice this happening when doing coding assignments for school, since I'm constantly popping back and forth between them and scrolling a lot.

Also, overall the graphics performance (with or without compiz enabled0 is significantly diminished from using Windows 7 64-bit pro. Programs seem to open slowly and gnome seems to take longer than usual to start on boot. I really hate to use windows and prefer using Ubuntu, but I am almost at my wits end with this. I purposely bought this laptop, b/c it was "ubuntu certified." It may be due to the "newness."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Beans
    Hidden!

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...eptember&num=1

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wait until Precise/12.04 to get SNA by default. Until then, there's always the xorg-edgers PPA if you're feeling adventurous..

Beans
    Hidden!

I added the xorg-edgers PPA and did an "sudo apt-get update" and upgrade.
    I'm not sure though whether the new driver version is in use, lshw still gives me driver="i915" but no specific version.

My issue is, that WebGL doesn't work in Chrome. It will always say "your browser seems to support WebGL, however your graphics card doesn't seem to..." or something like that.

Any tips on WebGL?

Beans

Question Re: Intel HD 3000 Graphics support for xorg?

Quote Originally Posted by talthing View Post
    This fix worked great !

Samsung Series 3 (i2357 chip) Ubuntu 10.04.3 (kernel 2.6.38 )

Intel HD 3000 controller not recoginzed Ubuntu 10.04
    (symptom: main menu - administration - preferences - monitors shows 'unknown'
    unable to configure any external monitors)

Fix:

(...)

Check: main menu - Administration - preferences - monitors
    you should see 'Laptop'
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem here with a desktop running 10.04.3 LTS. I just did the proposed fix but monitor still shows as UNDETECTED and cannot go beyond 1600x1200 when native resolution is 1900x1080 (DELL 2405FPW). My config is i5 2500k on GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (so Intel HD 3000), and connection is through DVI. After applying the fix I get:

$sudo lshw -C video
    *-display UNCLAIMED
    description: VGA compatible controller
    product: Intel Corporation
    vendor: Intel Corporation
    physical id: 2
    bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
    version: 09
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: msi pm bus_master cap_list
    configuration: latency=0
    resources: memory:fb800000-fbbfffff memory:e0000000-efffffff(prefetchable) ioport:ff00(size=64)

$uname -a
    Linux 2.6.32-38-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:12:07 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I installed before 11.10 and it got to native resolution ok, but due to some stuff I'm back to using 10.04.3 LTS and planning to use it for a long while.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Carlos

Beans

I'm facing the same problem. There's still no solution I guess. I've filled this launchpad bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/912397

Here is another thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465764&page=2

Beans

Smile Re: Intel HD 3000 Graphics support for xorg?

Hi all ,
    Intel recently released the drivers(23-Apr-2012)
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=3231&lang=eng
    Worth a look.
    PS no arguments about Unity being problematic. Most of the people who use windows in workplace will have hard time getting used to both of the different UI.
    Hope Unity pays off in the iOS battle

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm using the HD 3000 with my i3 2125 on 12.04, and the graphics are just great. Unity runs in 3D, scrolling is fast, and I don't see any artifacting or glitches. That's running with no special mods or drivers. Couldn't be happier.
    HP ProBook 4530s - 4GB RAM - 12.04 AMD64

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KarthikShenoy View Post
    Hi all ,
    Intel recently released the drivers(23-Apr-2012)
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=3231&lang=eng
    Worth a look.
    PS no arguments about Unity being problematic. Most of the people who use windows in workplace will have hard time getting used to both of the different UI.
    Hope Unity pays off in the iOS battle
    I only see the 23-feb-2012 version. I'm using the edgers PPA, which I believe has the latest intel driver version, but although that, it doesn't work. I'm starting to think this is not a video driver problem. Maybe a display that receive an invalid turn on/off directive.
    I test a lot of things. More info in the link I left on previous posts.
    Thanks!.

Beans

Question Re: Intel HD 3000 Graphics support for xorg?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPaw View Post
    I'm using the HD 3000 with my i3 2125 on 12.04, and the graphics are just great. Unity runs in 3D, scrolling is fast, and I don't see any artifacting or glitches. That's running with no special mods or drivers. Couldn't be happier.
    I have an HP Pavilion DM4 with the HD3000 on the i3-2330. I have installed 12.04 but then ran into the Black screen after first reboot. I have set the GRUB file to GRUB_CMD_LINUX="nomodeset" and I can logiy question is n without going through recovery. My question is: Is there something better I could do to utilize my Intel HD 3000 graphics better?

Any help would be so appreciated. BTW: I am a Linux noobie so please explain it as to a child

Beans

Hi. See this LP bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/912397

What have worked on my PC is the drm_kms_helper.poll=0 kernel param.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234