Thread: I think this infraction was totally unfair.

Beans

I think this infraction was totally unfair.

Hi guys.

I just received an infraction... just for this?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...8&postcount=13

I was merely pointing out, to the OP, that using "?!?!?!?!?!?!" etc, is redundant grammar, I was not being mean.

Surely, anyone - even someone with terrible grammar, would realise that all those question/exclamation marks were O.T.T.? I was not being rude or insulting to the OP, just kindly suggesting that there really was no need for them, that was all.

I think someone gave me an infraction without any justification. I think that is quite unfair, considering I was not out to stir up trouble, and I was certainly NOT nitpicking or correcting their spelling, as was implied.

Thanks for listening

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: I think this infraction was totally unfair.

I think the infraction was justified. Nothing in your post (which is in jail) mentions grammar and I think the infraction is for the tone of the post which comes across as a personal insult.

one person's opinion online (not you!) wouldn't change that, with some uninformed & sceptical nonsense
    Now I can respect that that may not have been your intention with the post, I also need to consider that this is not the first time the staff has discussed the tone of your posts / posting style and that some people may look at that as a personal insult or that it might provoke an emotional response.

Considering the entire circumstance I am going to let this infraction stand. I feel this (your posting style) has been discussed with you by multiple staff members in multiple PM and thus it does not seem you are responding to polite requests to tone down your posting style.

I am again going to ask you to post in a style that does not evoke a negative emotional response in others and to disagree with people in a more agreeable posting style.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface