Thread: Internet connection not showing in menu

Beans

Exclamation Internet connection not showing in menu

Hello,
    I have a problem with my internet connections on ubuntu. I right-click the internet connection icon on the top panel, choose edit connections, add the one I need, configure it correctly, it is saved in the list of connections in the network connections window, but isn't there when I left-click the connections icon, so I cannot choose the connection I just set up. When I go back to the editing window, the connection is right there in the list. Annoying, really.
    The connection I am trying to set up here is DSL. The network card is fine (lspci lists an ethernet controller).
    Any ideas why this might happen?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Internet connection not showing in menu

You could try right clicking the network manager icon and clicking on Enable Networking to remove the tick mark. And then click on it again to put the tick mark back. This will be like switching networking off and on and it might stimulate the hardware to detect the settings that you had added.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Internet connection not showing in menu

Hi

AFAIK the left click only shows networks which are actually available, so, is the lead OK, are you sure the setup is correct (auto DCHP, available to all users etc). Does it say "disconnected" under Wired Networks.