Thread: dell inspron n4030 wireless driver

Beans

dell inspron n4030 wireless driver

hello

i have dell inspron n4030
    but i can't connect to wireless network to download other drivers and programs,
    that's easy in win7

i need the network card driver for ubuntu 10.10
    where i found it?

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: dell inspron n4030 wireless driver

Please go to Applications--> Accessories--> Terminal
    then type in
    Code:
    lspci
    then paste here thanks

Beans

Code:
    han@haN4030:~$ lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 02)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor PCI Express x16 Root Port (rev 02)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset HECI Controller (rev 06)
    00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 05)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 05)
    00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev 05)
    00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev 05)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 5 Series Chipset LPC Interface Controller (rev 05)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset SMBus Controller (rev 05)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 68e1
    12:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)
    13:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications AR8132 Fast Ethernet (rev c0)
    han@haN4030:~$

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

please make sure that you are plugged into your router and if you have an external wifi button please make sure that it is on.Then go to go to System-->Addmin-->Synaptic Package Manager. Then once the package manager has opened go to, Settings-->Repositories. Now make sure that all of the ticks are checked (see pic). After that is done close out of the software center. if you changed your repositories then a pop up will show close it. After That reload the synaptic package manger(see pic) After reloading close out of your package manager. Then open your terminal and typed in
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    then
    Code:
    sudo reboot
    after rebooting go to your wireless manager(see pic) and right click on it make sure that wireless is enabled if ot is still greyed out tell us
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by josephmills; April 13th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

Beans

Code:
    Some index files failed to download
    how to do this update without internet !!!!!!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hani270 View Post
    Code:
    Some index files failed to download
    how to do this update without internet !!!!!!!!
    if you read my above it says make sure that you are connected to you router via cat5 cable that is the first step

Beans

I can not access the router of the network via a wire, and also i don't know where the source of network
    it's a free network in the yard mediates the city
    I use it in Windows 7 with very easy

sorry for bad english and very thanks for your help

Is there an alternative way?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hani270 View Post
    I can not access the router of the network via a wire, and also i don't know where the source of network
    it's a free network in the yard mediates the city
    I use it in Windows 7 with very easy

sorry for bad english and very thanks for your help

Is there an alternative way?

There are instructions for installation of your driver (with no internet access) on this page.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/bcm43xx