Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft Installer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Minecraft Installer

Thank you very much!!

Who'd have thought that getting a game working with Ubuntu was easier than Windows? I booted into Windows 7 just to install and play Minecraft but was defeated.

This script was very straight forward. Does anyone know if it would be possible to package it as an Ubuntu package to make it even easier?

Mark

(One complaint.. my last day has just disappeared down a mine shaft! Thanks.)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1111peoy View Post
    hey alloc, check this out http://getminecraft.net/
    mi gusta!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Well i'm actually back on Ubuntu now anyway, so the only thing that bothers my is the iffy support on Unity that the other person in this thread also has.

https://picasaweb.google.com/liamdaw...85535200953346

Thats a shot of what happens, it launches fine but the original launcher flashes and flashes, while the Minecraft window creates another launches which when you quit disappears back to the old one, very odd behaviour!
    I haven't used this installer, but I had the same issue as you after setting up my own shortcut. I fixed it by opening up the shortcut in gedit and adding the following line to get rid of the extra icon:
    Code:
    StartupWMClass=net-minecraft-LauncherFrame
    Then moving the file to /usr/share/applications so it is recognised properly by unity (so the arrows show up, etc).

Beans

(Never mind. I got it.)
    Last edited by cocolover76; August 8th, 2011 at 11:05 PM.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Minecraft Installer

I can't get it to work :l When I right click the file, Terminal isn't an option... I think it's because when I was setting up Ubuntu it asked me if i want to open sh files w/ terminal or gedit. I picked gedit not thinking ahead... So how do I change that??

Thanks in advance!
    Gage

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by g123386761 View Post
    I can't get it to work :l When I right click the file, Terminal isn't an option... I think it's because when I was setting up Ubuntu it asked me if i want to open sh files w/ terminal or gedit. I picked gedit not thinking ahead... So how do I change that??

Thanks in advance!
    Gage
    Hey I fixed that... idk how but i did xD... so now when I'm installing minecraft and it's downloading Java JRE it shows some wierd screen... like the about me of the JRE... i hit esc a couple times and it would come right back D:

HELP MEH!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by g123386761 View Post
    Hey I fixed that... idk how but i did xD... so now when I'm installing minecraft and it's downloading Java JRE it shows some wierd screen... like the about me of the JRE... i hit esc a couple times and it would come right back D:

HELP MEH!
    fixed

Beans

Uhmm... Make a video or atleast please tell me where to find the main minecraft.jar file? I downloaded it and... Uhh... WHERE DO I PUT THE MODS?!
    Thanks!

~ EricDownz

Beans

I want to start minecraft with more memory with the launcher. How do?

Beans
    Hidden!

I seemed to run into an error of sorts.
    When I ran your installer, it installed Sun-Java, OpenJDK, and Minecraft correctly, but when it finished, my desktop turned gray, and I can't right click on it, and I can't see any of the icons on it. So I don't know what's wrong, but maybe someone can point me to a fix (other than re-installing xubuntu) or to something that will help determine the bug/problem.

I'm running on a fresh install of xubuntu 11.10; I've installed the initial updates that come up in the update manager, installed a new video card driver recommended for my card (nVidia), and installed Battle For Wesnoth 1.8 and LibreOffice from the Ubuntu Software Center.

I hope someone can figure this out.

NOTE: This has worked successfully in xubuntu 11.04 with no side effects on my laptop before, so it might be a new incompatibility with something in the xubuntu 11.10 package.

EDIT: I did just try running it, though, and the game works fine, so as far as I can tell, it seems to currently only be a problem with the desktop. I do need my computer to be able to function properly, though, so I will be reinstalling xubuntu 11.10 (again). Let me know if you want me to try something, and I'll try it from a startup disk.
    Last edited by DaimyoKirby; October 20th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast