Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon all-in-one laser printers

Beans

Re: Canon all-in-one laser printers

Sorry for that useless post. Was just desperated.
    Ok im running linux mint 13 lts 64bit based on ubuntu 12.
    I tried the solution of che_bizarro
    I checked the sym links and found that I created symlink in /usr/lib64/lib and /usr/local/lib64/lib
    After purging cndrvcups common and cndrvcups ufr2 I found that /usr/lib64 and /usr/local/lib64 were completely empty. So I removed the two directories and just created the symbolic links.
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib /usr/lib64
    sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib64
    Then again installed the two packages gained by alien -c and installing the printer
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p canonmf -m CNCUPSMF4100ZK.ppd -v usb:/dev/usb/lp0 -E
    But still when I print I get the message: "Ausführung läuft - Waiting for printer to become available."
    Hope that someone can give me a tip and please dont stone me cause Im using mint
    Last edited by thatisme; September 29th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Beans

I think it gets very weary when folks tag their posts on to what are already huge posts......
    ]
    .......this is enough of an issue for you that you deserve your own thread:

can I suggest you start your own thread?

If you do, leave a message on this thread so we know you have moved;

__________________________________________________ _______________

......also........ have a think;

.......just how important is it to you to have a 64bit system;

can you add a small new install of Mint 13 as a 32bit: the UFR driver that you need has debian packages in the 32bit version; I am sure they would be fine;

there is a Mint printing forum too.......did you know that?

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=51

oh........copy and paste this command into a terminal

sudo dpkg -l | grep cndrvcups
    and copy and paste the results back here; on in your fresh post

Beans

@pdc,

I started this thread because of my own inability to find any threads for Canon all-in-one solutions. I meant it to be what it has become, a sort of super-thread on solutions. Searching on model number of the printer doesn't help because there are so many, and searching on the driver doesn't help because when I got the printer I didn't know about 'UFRII' or any keyword that would locate a driver. I wanted a way to collect all that information and at least give people more keywords to search.

That said, you're right in that the problem in question could easily be its own thread.

What some people do is post their own thread, and then go post a link to it on a super-thread if they think it can be helpful to someone else.

FWIW I've come back to this thread several times since I started it, since I've re-installed and had to set it up all over again.
    Help stamp out MBR partition tables. Use GPT instead!

Beans

Anyway I just installed mint 13 32 bit. And of course it works. Maybe I try the 64 bit one time again. But in the moment I dont have the time.

Beans

And of course it works
    ............well, that's great; enjoy your printer; I'm not sure we ever heard which particular model of printer you have; but great that it's working

Beans

Mh I thought it is not the matter wich special model I ve got.
    But it is a canon mf4120.

Beans

Hello All,

I am looking for a driver for Canon network printer ir2520. I am running ubuntu 12.04.

The printer works well on windows. Actually this printer comes with built in authentication. It asks for username & password in windows.

On ubuntu 12.04, the printer is being recognized and getting added. But on sending a document to print to the printer, it does not prompt for username and password. As a result, print is failing. So I am unable to print to it on ubuntu. Any suggestions as to how to get this to work?

Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Xlearner

Beans

You may be able to turn off authentication for now, just to make sure you have the printer working.

Mine (MF8050CN) has a little web server on it for printer configuration. It needs a different port I think, it's been awhile and my printer is not accessible from where I am.

Once that works, you can try to get the authentication part going if that's important to you.
    Help stamp out MBR partition tables. Use GPT instead!

Beans

Canon say that their UFR II driver is the correct linux driver;

you do not say if you are using 32bit or 64bit linux;

the Canon UFR driver has debian packages for 32bit; (Ubuntu uses .deb packages)

........for 64bit one needs alien to convert the 64bit rpm packages to deb; as detailed earlier in this now long thread

go here

http://support-in.canon-asia.com/con...100270810.html

and download the UFR II Printer Driver for Linux Version 2.50

.....as you download it, hopefully gdebi installer will leap in and offer to help

Beans

Pdc and 1clue,

Thanks for your replies. I downloaded the UFR II Printer Driver for Linux Version 2.50. Then I temporarily disabled the authentication. Using this printer driver, I was able to print to ir2520 printer.

But it does not work when the authentication is on. Our system administrator wants to have the authentication switched on. So I still am not able to print onto this printer. Any suggestions as to what I can do to get around this problem?

BTW, I forgot to mention in my earlier message. I am using 32 bit version of ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks
    Xlearner
    Last edited by xlearner; October 17th, 2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Added the version of ubuntu 12.04 I am using.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast