Thread: libimobiledevice1 dependency and installing deb files from usb

Beans

libimobiledevice1 dependency and installing deb files from usb

I don't have an internet connection to use synaptic to get updates to libimobiledevice1 or its dependencies. So my question is this: can I download the deb files and save them to a usb, take them home and (successfully) install them this way? How can I know what dependencies I need to include?

Beans

Re: libimobiledevice1 dependency and installing deb files from usb

You can use Keryx.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.

Beans

Re: libimobiledevice1 dependency and installing deb files from usb

how the smurf does keryx work? I've downloaded the deb file to usb, unpacked it and realized it was already on my offline desktop. I dragged keryx onto my usb and went to the library (and an online windows box) and I'm not able to open anything that appears to be a profile, nevermind download updates or programs. I also put a profile <palmettoj/desktop> onto my usb with the keryx app that was already on my desktop. I keep reading different tutorials (perhaps based on the two versions of keryx) and can't seem to get a plan of what I'm supposed to try to do. Am I installing keryx on my usb only? What do I need to install on the online machine? given that its windows? Why don't I see the keryx app on my usb at all? Just a nudge in the right direction... I'm spinning my wheels here.