Thread: No Top Panel or Unity Panel after 11.04 Upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Unhappy No Top Panel or Unity Panel after 11.04 Upgrade

No Top Panel or Unity Panel after 11.04 Upgrade from 10.10

and it does not seem to be a commmon problem, as googling does not find any hits applicable, Please help me troubleshoot this; I will reply to all responses.

Thanks, Mark

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thumbs down Re: No Top Panel or Unity Panel after 11.04 Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by markackerman8@gmail.com View Post
    No Top Panel or Unity Panel after 11.04 Upgrade from 10.10

and it does not seem to be a common problem, as goggling does not find any hits applicable, Please help me troubleshoot this; I will reply to all responses.

Thanks, Mark
    I had the same problem after a few installs I went back to Ubuntu 10.10 which works fine on my Dell Inperation 1545 Laptop I think its a update error with the apports I get this error several times and then only partial updates were working I am not sure how ready this release was and I usually wait several months after a release for all the major bugs to be worked out. I had been using a dual boot with Ubuntu Now I am running Ubuntu 10.10 with no ******* at all!! Yeah The best advice I can give is to wait for a more stable release of Natty!

Beans
    Distro

Re: No Top Panel or Unity Panel after 11.04 Upgrade

That is good advice but I am always too tempted to try the beta and even in so doing that help the bugging process. As it is, I am totally functional (so far) logging in, in Classic mode. But any help other than downgrading would be appreciated, thanks anyway.

Beans
    Distro

(SOLVED) Re: No Top Panel or Unity Panel after 11.04 Upgrade

I did not realize it (Unity) was solely a compiz plugin, though I had seen it and tried it, the first time there were unresolvable conflicts, but the second time I re-tried it it was there. Simply an oversight I think.