Thread: Natty Grub2 Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Natty Grub2 Problems

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. The grub2 installed with Natty is hit and miss on seeing and mounting other partitions and drives. I run 10.10 on sda1 and natty on sdb1.
    I let Natty reinstall grub2 and half of the time neither operating system would see or mount drives set up in fstab. By reinstalling grub2 from the 10.10 live CD and updating grub both systems now boot normally and recognize all partitions.
    AMD FX-6200 - MSI 4.1Ghz- Nvidia GTX550Ti -12/GIG - 60GB-SSD/500 Sata - 12.04 - Gnome 3

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Natty Grub2 Problems

The early bird gets the worm. . . But the second mouse gets the cheese, and the early worm gets eaten.
    Unwarranted Self Promotion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wink Re: Natty Grub2 Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bobhuber View Post
    I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. The grub2 installed with Natty is hit and miss on seeing and mounting other partitions and drives. I run 10.10 on sda1 and natty on sdb1.
    I let Natty reinstall grub2 and half of the time neither operating system would see or mount drives set up in fstab. By reinstalling grub2 from the 10.10 live CD and updating grub both systems now boot normally and recognize all partitions.
    That's why I've got a Maverick or Lucid partition on each of my test systems.

Once or twice Natty Grub 1.99 made sense, but more frequently it will say I've got a Lucid on /dev/sda6, a Maverick on /dev/sda6, and a Natty also on /dev/sda6. None of which will boot.

All three on the same partition?!

So I do my best to find some other Ubuntu that will boot, besides Natty, and then run update-grub and grub-install.

Jerry

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Helkaluin View Post
    No while that bugs matches the problem exactly I'm using etx4 on 10.10 and 11.04
    AMD FX-6200 - MSI 4.1Ghz- Nvidia GTX550Ti -12/GIG - 60GB-SSD/500 Sata - 12.04 - Gnome 3

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Fire another bug report then? Remember to include the details.
    The early bird gets the worm. . . But the second mouse gets the cheese, and the early worm gets eaten.
    Unwarranted Self Promotion