Thread: got reg unity back

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb got reg unity back

after newest updates i can get out of the 2d mode. compiz still doesnt work.no big deal. however, i cant get the unity tool bar to auto hide. any ideas i went into the unity icon under compiz and set it to auto-hide but that doesnt seem to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: got reg unity back

Are you sure you're in 3d? If your compiz doesn't work then you're probably not in unity 3d.

Beans
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: got reg unity back

cas you are probably right didnt think of that. however at least it loads correctly

Beans
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: got reg unity back

know you are right however it is nice to know that there will be hope for my machine. 3d worked fine in 10.10. a lot of testing to go

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wink Re: got reg unity back

Quote Originally Posted by rburkartjo View Post
    know you are right however it is nice to know that there will be hope for my machine. 3d worked fine in 10.10. a lot of testing to go
    I've got Unity 3D on the two test pc's that will run it. Compiz sure does like to crash. for me, starting in Intrepid, Compiz crash, crash, crash.

On the others I ran Classic "no effects" long enough to select Synaptic and load Unity 2D. Sure is nice to run System Monitor and see no Compiz anywhere and NO CRASHES!

I'm not a Unity fan, just at Alpha Beta time that's what I think I'm supposed to be testing. Actually, I spend more time chasing Natty install bugs than anything.

Jerry