Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Elementary OS

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Elementary OS

the main reason why elementary will be faster than ubuntu is because it got rid of A LOT of default ubuntu libraries and unnecessary stuffs. also there is not unity or gnome-panels to load, less startup daemons, and all of the elementary apps are extremely lightweight.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

I decided to torrent elementaryOS (Jupiter) today and I'm running it in a VM, it's really nice, like really really really nice. I'm making an image of it in case I want to switch from natty to elementaryOS. Either that or wait until Luna comes out.

I love the elementary theme, I love the elementary apps like postler, dexter, etc., but I just got Unity the way I like. Hehe I'm so conflicted =P
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by fremantle View Post
    I have created a customized version of eOS, would be glad if someone tried it out : eu.bondhuta.net
    I'm downloading this now and I will try it out in a few hours. Judging from the page and my installation of eOS, I think I'll like it.

But why was gedit removed? It's not a huge deal, being that I can just install, I'm just curious.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slooksterpsv View Post
    I decided to torrent elementaryOS (Jupiter) today and I'm running it in a VM, it's really nice, like really really really nice. I'm making an image of it in case I want to switch from natty to elementaryOS. Either that or wait until Luna comes out.

I love the elementary theme, I love the elementary apps like postler, dexter, etc., but I just got Unity the way I like. Hehe I'm so conflicted =P
    Luna will be released on November 2011 according to this site: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/?p=16248

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Is there anyway to install the Luna daily builds yet? Last time I tried I just get a console screen saying "grub >".

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ojdon View Post
    Is there anyway to install the Luna daily builds yet? Last time I tried I just get a console screen saying "grub >".
    that bug is still here. they are gonna send it upsteam.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112