Thread: Avant window navigator over triple monitor system

Beans

Avant window navigator over triple monitor system

I have been using AWN for years, having a startup script to run multiple instances of AWN and position it on each monitor correctly. This has worked fine but today I decided to upgrade the version of AWN. The only problem now being that the new version doesn't support multiple instances of AWN to be open at once.

The new version of AWN does have an 'Add dock' button but that's no good as my setup isn't Xinerama so each monitor is it's own workspace, meaning I can't position the dock far left, because far left is the edge of the current monitor.

The ideal solution here would to be able to run multiple instances, as I can force each instance to a monitor with DISPLAY=0:1 etc

If anybody has any ideas on how to have AWN on each of the 3 monitors then please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Ste

Beans

Re: Avant window navigator over triple monitor system

Ste,

I'm not sure if this exactly what you're envisioning, but it is possible to do this with a little gconf-editor magic:

http://awn.planetblur.org/index.php?...=1&isLive=true

All the best,
    Dima

Beans

Re: Avant window navigator over triple monitor system

Quote Originally Posted by dimaspivak View Post
    Ste,

I'm not sure if this exactly what you're envisioning, but it is possible to do this with a little gconf-editor magic:

http://awn.planetblur.org/index.php?...=1&isLive=true

All the best,
    Dima

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I don't think this solves my problem. I have followed what's in that thread previously. You may notice that the poster 'qwerty123' is me

Thanks,