Thread: mame help

Beans

Red face mame help

Okay, so i downloaded some roms and bios files, and mame worked fine. I am using 'GMAMEUI' in the repository and the command line mame emulator as the binary. It worked fine until today. It finished loading like normal, no errors. When it was done loading, it displayed a window saying 'loading metal slug', again, only this time, my mouse was frozen and i was forced to restart my computer (by pressing the button). Can anyone help me? It's a valid rom because that's what the emulator said. I can also confirm that it happens with other games too. I wish i could take a screenshot but my keyboard also becomes inactive during the message. Any help please?

Beans

Re: mame help

update: i was able to get a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Rather install sdlmame & qmc2 for a hassle free mame experience.

Beans

thank you.
    I do wonder what the mistake was though. Hopefully it didn't get any more complicated than just installing another emulator.

Beans

Wow, it was as simple as that.
    Thanks for the help!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by termin View Post
    thank you.
    I do wonder what the mistake was though. Hopefully it didn't get any more complicated than just installing another emulator.
    I have no idea but I've had similar issues with gmameui and eventually just gave up on it. sdlmame+qmc2 works without any hassles for me.

You're welcome, now go and enjoy some retro gaming

PS Give Mupen64Plus a go, some really fun games for the N64 http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ight=cutemupen
    Last edited by mips; April 1st, 2011 at 08:59 AM.