Thread: Decoration settings keeps resetting after reboot

Beans

Decoration settings keeps resetting after reboot

As said in the subject, desktop decoration settings keeps resetting after rebooting. For me it is quite boring and annoying. Why it happens? Ubuntu should keeps my preferences (as in previous versions - my Ubu 10.10, Unity)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Decoration settings keeps resetting after reboot

Is it related to the issue in this megathread, or is it something else?

Do you mean the window decorations, specifically, as in the window frame (title bar and borders,) or is it the GTK skin as well? If you're using an Emerald decoration theme, you'll need to change your Compiz settings to use Emerald in place of Metacity settings for the window frame.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

Even in the window frame. The basic window frame set is very basic. Minimizing of windows does not work, switching windows does not work (after reboot, after switch to advanced decoration starts working...)

Gnome/Unity themes are working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It does sound more likely to be the Gnome Settings Daemon problem from the thread I linked, then. Does restarting Gnome Settings daemon (running in terminal, killall gnome-settings-daemon && gnome-settings-daemon) bring your preferences back to normal?
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

Not exactly. It changes theme (but it seems for me not standard for gnome - completly grey), but it does not change window frame.