Thread: Mouse moves but nothing is clickable.

Beans

Mouse moves but nothing is clickable.

I'm running 10.10 on a 5 year old laptop, and it's worked fine. A few days ago this problem started happening where I can't click on anything. I'll have to alt f4 out of the program then open the program up again. Then when I reopen the program I can't really click on things directly. For example I'll have to right click and leave that menu open, then go and left click my browser tab to close. Then eventually nothing is clickable and alt f4 doesn't work and I'll have to hard reset my computer.

I'm not familiar with the troubleshooting steps in Ubuntu. I didn't make use of partitions for my files, so I'd rather avoid having to reinstall everything. What kind of diagnostic programs can I use to find out the most likely problem?

I'm guessing that it's some kind of UI problem. Visual effects are turned off.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Mouse moves but nothing is clickable.

Do you have a wireless mouse (I do) I noticed as the battery in my mouse gets low, I can move the mouse, but clicks are unresponsive.
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 - Fedora 13 - Goddard
    Desktop: Self-Built - [Ku, Lu, Xu, U]buntu - Lucid 10.04.3 (LTS)
    Linux User: 498249 / Ubuntu User: 29241

Beans

Nah I checked different mouses, it's not that. Whenever I hover over something like a browser tab or panel icon, it doesn't have an effect change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I can confirm this problem. I have no idea what it can be, nonetheless I am on the verge of breaking something or somebody!!!!!!!!!!