Thread: Update Manager in Maverick Meerkat 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Update Manager in Maverick Meerkat 10.10

Hi All!

Just had the Update Manager do it's stuff, and I noticed a 'funny' that hasn't happened before.

When it had completed, it asked me to save, and do a restart, which I was about to do when I noticed that my broadband was locked out, preventing access to any site. The update was regarding FireFox, although I'm using Google Chrome, so that may be a factor.

I did the restart, and it all came back as normal, so my question is this:

"Is this 'lockout' a feature of the Update Manager, or just a passing glitch?"

Regards

Terry M

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Update Manager in Maverick Meerkat 10.10

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your broadband was locked out, but for what it is worth I have noticed problems with the latest version of Chrome on 64-bit 10.04. Before everything was fine and smooth but now, occasionally a page will be found and Chrome will give every indication that it is trying to open the page but in reality the browser has crashed. At that point I have to close all my Chrome windows down and start it back up again.

Either way, if everything seems OK now I would just say its a temporary glitch. So I think it would be safe to ignore it.

Addendum: As I type, I've just had a Chrome window break again. Very frustrating. Might have to go back to Opera (FF in Ubuntu looks poop).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Update Manager in Maverick Meerkat 10.10

No access at all to the internet. Didn't happen on the next update received, so I assume that it was something to do with the Firefox update! So Duly Ignored!

I can honestly say that what you describe with Chrome, has never happened to me... yet! But there are times when the "refresh" icon comes up and takes forever to stop going round ... but it always gets there in the end.

Thanks for the reply

Terry M