Quote Originally Posted by Rubi1200 View Post
Thanks lovinglinux for providing this information. I have now installed Firefox 4 and like what I see thus far.

...Great job, also with your website and FlashAid
Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi1200 View Post
Just one question: is there a way to move the Home icon back across from the right to the left side?

I looked through this thread, but didn't see anything (or missed it if it was there).
Glad that you figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by zaivala View Post
Don't see it. I tried firefox-stable first, and Ubuntu told me there was nothing to upgrade.

I did not INTENTIONALLY install them side-by-side. Both times I tried this install, I said Upgrade or Update.
Which Ubuntu version you are using?

The firefox-stable ppa has builds only for maverick and lucid.The firefox-next has builds for maverick, lucid and karmic.

If you are using an older version of Ubuntu, then download FF 4 from Mozilla and install it manually. See instructions on my web site:

http://www.webgapps.org/firefox/inst...other-versions

Quote Originally Posted by Teabicky View Post
I'm not sure that everybody here understands the issue. What Arex Bawrin wants to do is not to make firefox look like the windows version but to get rid of the very top bar (the one with the minimise, maximise and close tabs on them). Look closesly at his screenshots and you will see.
Try this: http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/firef...-bar-like.html

Quote Originally Posted by Teabicky View Post
Chronium did this beautifuly, freeing up precious screen space and also creating a very pleasing look. Firefox has finaly caught up but unfortunately only on the windows version, which is a shame. I hope that mozilla fixes this at some point soon.

Chrome does that, but is the only application I have installed which does not behave correctly. I use KDE, which has lots of cool features related to window management, but with Chrome is a complete mess. For instance, I can't double-click on the title bar to collapse the window. It maximizes instead, which is really annoying. So in my opinion, the decision of Mozilla to not mess with the window title bar was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker123 View Post
Ubuntu 10.10
Firefox 4.0
Video Card: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Card Type: AGP 4x Video RAM: 64 MB GPU Frequency: 249 MHz
NVIDIA Linux x86 Kernel Module 96.43.19 Wed Oct 27 19:01:34 PDT 2010

I installed Firefox 4.0 with the direction at the begining of this thread.

I went to:
http://bodybrowser.googlelabs.com/

I got an error message stating that I needed a webgl enabled browser. I looked up "webgl" in my about:config, all settings for that were set to true.

I downloaded chrome and got the same error message.

I saw on the internet that I might need new video drivers or that my video card might not be good enough.

The stats about my video card are listed above. Can it be made to work with webgl and Firefox 4? If so, how?

Thanks much in advance
Your video card is really old and a low-end model, with not many features. It is probably not supported by the latest video drivers.