Page 12 of 254 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Thanks for posting this thread, FF4 is now my pref browser.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: how can I make firefox 4 look like windows?

Actually I prefer your Firefox 4 picture for Ubuntu over my Firefox 4 in Windows. To each his own, I guess.

Jerry

Edit: Stupid me - I have been using Firefox for years and didn't even know I could change its appearance. I guess that's because its default has been fine up to version 4. I've got it the way I want it now.
    Last edited by Jerry N; March 23rd, 2011 at 06:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

You would need to use an emerald theme to get a transparent window border. There are about 25 themes currently compatible with FF4 , but they won't give you transparency .
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...p=&advanced=on
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Actually if you go to System>Preferences>Appearance You can change the windowing environment buttons to "look" windowsish
    Any thing other than that would be themes from mozilla.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by nrundy View Post
    lovinglinux: flash-aid doesn't seem to work since it updated to 2.05. Nothing ever shows in the Script Previeew tab. Hitting refres, TEST, EXECute seems to do nothing. Before execute would always start a script running in the window.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but its still the same. do you know a fix?
    Yes, it is a known bug in Flash-Aid 2.0.5, which has already been fixed in 2.0.6 and approved by Mozilla today. So all you need is to update your extensions via Firefox or download the new one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathan8 View Post
    What's funny is that ubufox is incompatible and therefor disabled.
    Try starting Firefox in safe mode. Could be another extension causing this behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
    Silly questions time:

Is there a 64-bit version that will run well on Ubuntu 10.4 AMD-64?
    The firefox-stable ppa has a 64bit build for Lucid. I haven't used 64bit for a while, but they usually work fine.

I have three different profiles running several different combinations of add-ons. What are the odds my add-ons will be supported in FF4?
    Depends. Some extensions authors like to keep the extensions updated since the first beta came out. Some prefer to wait for the final version to upgrade their extensions and some projects are simply abandoned.

Check the extensions page at Mozilla site to see the last time they were updated. If they haven't been updated for more than a year, then most likely they will not be updated. You can also try to force the compatibility. See my first post.

Does FF4 choke on a large number of tabs opening at the same time (like 124 tabs)? The reason I ask is I have one profile that uses My Morning Coffee add-on an some days I hit the button and that's how many tabs open. The FF 3.6.15 I am running right now takes issue with that at times.
    That depends on the tab content, but Firefox 4 is a lot faster and should handle it.

I would recommend using BarTab extension. You need to get version 2.1b2, which is compatible with FF 4.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rtab/versions/

That extension allows to prevent the tab contents from being loaded until you actually click the tab. This is extremely useful for those who work with many tabs open all the time and reduce startup time a lot.

Will I be able to use my existing profiles or will I have to rebuild them with the new version?
    You can use your existing profiles.

Beans

"Firefox (en-GB) is incompatible with Firefox 4.0)"

Ubufox too, but I can't see what Ubuntu integration can actually improve?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

the closest you can get without much hassle would be with the strata relodad theme here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rata-reloaded/
    Attached Images Attached Images

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by arzali View Post
    the closest you can get without much hassle would be with the strata relodad theme here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rata-reloaded/
    With your image in comparison I have to admit the Ubuntu original theme is far better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    The firefox-stable ppa has a 64bit build for Lucid. I haven't used 64bit for a while, but they usually work fine.

Check the extensions page at Mozilla site to see the last time they were updated. If they haven't been updated for more than a year, then most likely they will not be updated. You can also try to force the compatibility. See my first post.

I would recommend using BarTab extension. You need to get version 2.1b2, which is compatible with FF 4.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rtab/versions/

That extension allows to prevent the tab contents from being loaded until you actually click the tab. This is extremely useful for those who work with many tabs open all the time and reduce startup time a lot.

You can use your existing profiles.

Thanks! I'll check out my favorite extensions.

If things look good, then I'll upgrade.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by ivanovnegro View Post
    With your image in comparison I have to admit the Ubuntu original theme is far better.
    I know but its the closest windows style i found. I personally liked the FF4 mockups and made a style like that
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 12 of 254 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast