Page 245 of 254 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2537

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans

Re: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Firefox keeps a collection of thumbnails even if the user disables display of thumbnails on the new tab page.
    The folder of thumbnails is here:
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/thumbnails
    To prevent storage of thumbnails in the first place, an entry has to be created using about:config
    preference: browser.pagethumbnails.capturing_disabled
    type: boolean
    value: true
    Source
    Of course, one could just use private browsing or empty cache.

Beans

What determines default display size of firefox browser in terminal? Earlier this used to be fairly big and I never needed to enlarge but something may have happened following which, when I open firefox , it opens with very small display region. This is a bit irritating and I have to enlarge using the radio buttons. How can I set default window size to my satisfaction so that it opens with that size each time I launch?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I am getting periodic and frequent freezing of Firefox that lasts a minute or two and then Firefox becomes usable again. I am getting this on my Windows machine also, but the stats below are for my Ubuntu PC. I am using Firefox 16.02 on both machines and tried clearing cookies to get functionality back.
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans
    Distro

Roboform no longer works on Firefox, but Firefox 17 is now working without freezing after I reset it to default settings
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans

Hi,

Imma newbie I had recently reinstalled my computer and got the new firefox 11.0. Had some trouble with flash and got Flash-Aid to sort things out. I think only one problem remains and I am not sure if it is to do with flash.

I am trying to join a group on this website called Deviantart. Once you click the join button it will show a small pop up and give options. But the box just comes up empty. Another scenario is that when messages are being deleted in the same website a box will ask whether you really want to delete it.....That too is coming up empty.

All this is happening in Firefox 11. I don't know how or which version of firefox deals with this better or if this can be fixed in Firefox 11 itself. Here's a screenshot to explain things:

Hope that someone can help me. Thanks a lot and God bless you!

Barney

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

The current version of Firefox is 17, why are you running such an older version? Perhaps the OS? Ubuntu 12.04LTS comes with the latest version of Firefox.

All that being said, I have found certain things in Firefox that do not seem to operate the way they should, e.g., when I close FF with several tabs open, I do not get an option to save them. It might be a clash or bug in your version of Ubuntu.

Beans

I've updated to the version 17.0.1... No problems now Thanks for your help

Regarding the browser tabs saving problem try this out : http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/786128

Beans

Re: Firefox 4 is out!

Still no flash...

Beans

Re: Firefox 4 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by ckrescho View Post
    Still no flash...
    Firefox4? If this is true please select and newer version of Firefox.

Beans
    Distro

@LovingLinux
    I am using the latest version of Firefox and I am having some issues with font display (specifically with Roboform) being distorted. I think this may be related to add ons I have installed but even after uninstalling font related add ons I get the same problem.
    What I would like to do is uninstall Firefox and have a clean install with no add ons, changes to default Firefox settings, etc. When I uninstall through Software center and reinstall I get the same Firefox with all my add ons pre-installed. I know you posted some directions on fresh Firefox install but it appears to be for 32 bit, can you tell me how to reinstall a fresh copy of Firefox 64 bit?

Thanks in advance

Page 245 of 254 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast