Page 55 of 254 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I use Session Manager extension. Is really cool and works like Opera session manager. You can save multiple sessions with different tabs and tab groups. So I have different sets of tabs for different activities (programming, media browsing, forum discussion and so on). All I need is to switch to a different session to get all the tabs I need for a particular activity. This way, I don't need to keep many tabs open. Helps to organize my workflow and improve performance.

Thanks! I already installed it and I am liking this more and more!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Compatibility Reporter should be updated soon. Meanwhile, you can add compatibility manually.

Thanks lovinglinux , I have instructions for forcing compatibility . I will wait for the Compatibility Reporter , since I just updated my Opera 11.10 beta to the final yesterday . Nightly 6.0 seems to load pages very fast and all audio and video is working great . I enjoy working with the development releases and only keep the stable versions until the newest Ubuntu release is installed and up to date .
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; April 13th, 2011 at 08:11 PM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks lovinglinux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Thanks! I already installed it and I am liking this more and more!
    Quote Originally Posted by mashedbear View Post
    Thanks lovinglinux
    You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Compatibility Reporter should be updated soon. Meanwhile, you can add compatibility manually.

Thanks lovinglinux , I have instructions for forcing compatibility . I will wait for the Compatibility Reporter , since I just updated my Opera 11.10 beta to the final yesterday . Nightly 6.0 seems to load pages very fast and all audio and video is working great . I enjoy working with the development releases and only keep the stable versions until the newest Ubuntu release is installed and up to date .
    UPDATE: Add-on Compatibility Reporter has been updated. Just update your add-ons via Firefox Add-on Manager and you will be fine.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    The one thing I can see Firefox 4 is missing is when you had multiple tabs open it would ask you if you wanted to save them for the next time you opened it.
    You can still do this but it isn't the default setting. Possibly described somewhere in this thread, otherwise read here. This feature is actually more powerful than it used to be, but that's no consolation unless you can get it the way you want

Oh and it does appear to be much faster.
    Yes it is. Really this should be the most important thing about 4.0. Everything noticeably faster and some things a lot faster (excepting a few bugs). The next step will be to improve responsiveness by making Firefox multi-process so that scrolling, tab switching, etc. don't feel sluggish when it is working hard on content. Unfortunately it looks like it might be 6.0 rather than 5.0, so perhaps 6 months away yet.

Beans

Firefox channels for download.

Nightlies still in the same place as ever = 6.0 alpha
    Aurora = 5.0 alpha
    No beta at the moment
    Final release = 4.0

Beans
    Distro

EDIT: Nevermind
    Last edited by lovinglinux; April 13th, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    You can change the order of the context menu using Menu Editor extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/menu-editor/
    Thanks for the tip! I was looking for such an editor for the context menu in Gnome, as well.

I've used Ubuntu exclusively for over a year, since my Windows dual-boot computer died. I recently put my copy of Windows XP back on to a new computer, and found that Firefox leaves a bit to be desired!

My preference for cookies is to allow them for the session, and third-party cookies as well, since I ran into some sites that required them to function. This way, all cookies are deleted when I close the browser.

I set exceptions for those sites that employ cookies to keep me signed-in, and to save my site preferences, such as my choice to turn off Google Instant, show 50 results per page and display search results in a new window. The browser is set to treat new windows as tabs. In Exceptions I only list sites that I Allow. Really no need to list blocked sites with my system.

I set Windows Firefox the same exact way and I forever am losing my preferences in Google and losing my signed-in status on other sites.

This has been an issue with FF3.6 and FF4.0 betas in Windows, so I hope that when I upgrade here to 4.0 that it doesn't muck-up my cookie settings. It shouldn't, since in Windows it doesn't work under either version, and here, it works.

Say, I could use the menu editor in Windows Firefox to move Options from under the Tools menu and place it where it belongs, under the Edit menu as Preferences!
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Running on:
    2.8 GHz Pentium 4 with 1.2 GiB of RAM
    Ubuntu 10.04 LTS: 1GHz AMD Athlon, 512Mbytes RAM, NVIDIA Video card, 64Mbytes RAM

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by L a r r y View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I was looking for such an editor for the context menu in Gnome, as well.

I've used Ubuntu exclusively for over a year, since my Windows dual-boot computer died. I recently put my copy of Windows XP back on to a new computer, and found that Firefox leaves a bit to be desired!

My preference for cookies is to allow them for the session, and third-party cookies as well, since I ran into some sites that required them to function. This way, all cookies are deleted when I close the browser.

I set exceptions for those sites that employ cookies to keep me signed-in, and to save my site preferences, such as my choice to turn off Google Instant, show 50 results per page and display search results in a new window. The browser is set to treat new windows as tabs. In Exceptions I only list sites that I Allow. Really no need to list blocked sites with my system.

I set Windows Firefox the same exact way and I forever am losing my preferences in Google and losing my signed-in status on other sites.

This has been an issue with FF3.6 and FF4.0 betas in Windows, so I hope that when I upgrade here to 4.0 that it doesn't muck-up my cookie settings. It shouldn't, since in Windows it doesn't work under either version, and here, it works.

Say, I could use the menu editor in Windows Firefox to move Options from under the Tools menu and place it where it belongs, under the Edit menu as Preferences!
    About the cookies, what I do now is to allow everything, setup up the browser to delete cookies on shut down and I use Biscuit extension to preserve the cookies from sites I want to stay logged in.

Beans
    Distro

What do you think about my tweaked FF 4 interface?

Page 55 of 254 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast