Page 25 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox +1 Mega Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox 4 Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tares View Post
    I've installed my FF4 without any problems, but there is still one issue I can't solve.

My menu still looks like the one in 3.x.x with File/Edit and stuff. I want to get that new button to the left of the tabs with "Firefox" sign. I saw few screenshots in this topic that some users had this feature enabled. Can anyone tell me how to change it ?
    Right-click over the toolbar and untick "Menu Bar". The new menu should appear. If not, which happened to me, then right-click in the toolbar, select "Customize", then click "Restore Default Set" in the customization dialog. This should make it appear.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Right-click over the toolbar and untick "Menu Bar". The new menu should appear. If not, which happened to me, then right-click in the toolbar, select "Customize", then click "Restore Default Set" in the customization dialog. This should make it appear.
    woohoo now it works, thank you very much
    Intel i7-4770k, MSI Z87-GD65, ASUS Strix 970, Viper III DDR3 16GB 2133MHz, Corsair AX 760iW
    Samsung 830 128GB, Samsung 840 PRO 256GB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Firefox 4 Global Menu

isnt ff4 supposed to have Global Menu Support. If it does, how do i get it to work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox 4 Global Menu

Are you talking about this?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/g...04-gets-going/

It says that it's still in development but the article links to some installation instructions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Okay, so know i have to wait for 11.04. Actually, i am quite cool with that.

Beans

Moved to FF4 Mega Thread
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Has anyone else noticed that the app tabs don't really work too well? if you navigate to a new website from within an apptab, they update to that website from then on. is this their intended function??

Beans

As far as I can tell, they should prevent you from navigating away from the domain unless you explicitly enter a different URL in the location bar. Clicking links to other domains should open them in a new tab, and opening a bookmark while on an apptab should open the bookmark on a new tab.
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Atamisk View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the app tabs don't really work too well? if you navigate to a new website from within an apptab, they update to that website from then on. is this their intended function??
    Yup, except that its only happened to me once and I haven't duplicated it again.

I also notice that group tabs is pointless because it changes to whatever you navigate to, so there is no grouping.

And what do we do about there being no tiny menu add-on?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Atamisk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WorMzy View Post
    As far as I can tell, they should prevent you from navigating away from the domain unless you explicitly enter a different URL in the location bar. Clicking links to other domains should open them in a new tab, and opening a bookmark while on an apptab should open the bookmark on a new tab.
    That's correct.

One of the things they should have implemented is the ability to reset the tab to the original pinned url upon restart. That is one of the reasons I barely use it.

Page 25 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast